Cruise Credit Issues?

jencruzin

Anyone ever seen a sudden change in cruise credit for an upcoming cruise? 

I thought maybe it was because I reported a PD, but he assured me, no CC would be removed following the PD being honored due to the nature of the booking created from our previous cruise.

Yeah I can’t imagine a price drop triggering that. Did Royal give you any explanation about why they thought it happened and what are they doing to remedy it?  

is the cruise paid in full?

Edited by Tree_skier

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah I can’t imagine a price drop triggering that. Did Royal give you any explanation about why they thought it happened and what are they doing to remedy it?  

is the cruise paid in full?

Not paid in full yet but we did get a nice chunk dropped from the balance. I have not called them yet about this.

Now, MAYBE the glitch was because I had just cashed in from BOA, a few days back, $50 in cruise credit, which gave us a total of $500, but for now the web page shows just $50! 

Capture.JPG

Edited by jencruzin

20 minutes ago, jencruzin said:

Anyone ever seen a sudden change in cruise credit for an upcoming cruise? 

I thought maybe it was because I reported a PD, but he assured me, no CC would be removed following the PD being honored due to the nature of the booking created from our previous cruise.

Edit, realized you were talking about OBC and not an FCC

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If the FCC was special fared onto the booking and you get a price drop then yes the FCC will =drop off and they will have to manually add it back on.

I've even seen some of the older FCC's drop off when refaring

This isn't future cruise credit

Ok, this gets weird, she's telling me that "what you are telling me, does not tally in our database"

I told her, the intitial cruise credit shows $200, the next, was $250, then the latest shows $50, a total of $500. I told her I am seeing this right now on my up to date, printed cruise vacation receipt. She's saying no, you now only have $50 cruise credit.

9 minutes ago, jencruzin said:

Ok, this gets weird, she's telling me that "what you are telling me, does not tally in our database"

I told her, the intitial cruise credit shows $200, the next, was $250, then the latest shows $50, a total of $500. I told her I am seeing this right now on my up to date, printed cruise vacation receipt. She's saying no, you now only have $50 cruise credit.

When you get a price drop you also get the associated promos that go with it and you lose the promos that were attached to the old price.

Say you originally booed for $4000 and $500 OBC and you now see a new price of $3000 but it has $50 OBC when you get the $300 price you also get the $50 OBC and lose the $500 that was associated with your original price.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When you get a price drop you also get the associated promos that go with it and you lose the promos that were attached to the old price.

Say you originally booed for $4000 and $500 OBC and you now see a new price of $3000 but it has $50 OBC when you get the $300 price you also get the $50 OBC and lose the $500 that was associated with your original price.  

Turned out - she made a mistake. She was checking current database, not past. All OBC now restored. phew!