Does X limit no. of specialty dining packages it sells on each sailing?

webecruzin2

I just tried to book a 4 night specialty dining package for our upcoming 9 night sailing on the Equinox for the 2 of us.
The response says "we're stuffed, reservations are currently not available"
But it allows me to book it for only 1 of us with a time of 3:00 pm. How silly is that?   3:00 pm for what? where?
It's been years since we sailed on X which used to be one of our favorites but does this mean our first nights reservation 
for whatever restaurant will be at 3:00 pm? 
I'm able to book a 5 night package which we really don't want,  but is that just X's way of forcing us to do that?   
Has anyone else had this happen?  
I'll call X in a little while when they open, in the mean time I'll hold 1 reservation for my husband
and take the chance that if they have a table for 1 available then they can fit one more and if only 3:00 pm 
is available I'll just cancel the package all together, we shall see.

Edited by webecruzin2

3:00pm is just a placeholder for the first night, once onboard you will be told the actual location and time of the first night reservation and you will need to make the reservations for the other nights in your package.

Yes there is a limit on the number of packages they will sell, it isn't uncommon to see the packages and the individual reservation drop off the list of what is available as you get closer to sailing...

Thanks, even though I can't understand the logic of it.  I went back to book the 1 reservation and now it's sold out.  I refuse to buy a 5 nighter. 
Now X loses a dining package sale and so we plan on just one dinner in the Tuscan grill hoping they still have the beef carpaccio and a decent steak.  

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

To answer you question, yes they only sell a certain number of each package.  It isn’t unusual to see 3 night packages sold out, then check back a few weeks later and the 4 night packages are gone.  

I had on sell out 7 months Before the cruise!