Love the Haven, but trying MSC Yacht Club

wolft927

We've been on Havens on large and smaller NCL ships (that is...those "with" or "without" proper Haven restaurants), and YC on the larger MSC ships (Seaside class, soon to go out on Meraviglia). We have only stayed in the Haven area, not in the aft Haven suites which are out of the Haven area (except on the Prima class ships). All of the above give you very different experiences. 

I think it's really a personal choice as to your taste and your needs. Both the YC and the Haven have pros and cons. For everyone who likes MSC YC better for one reason, you will find one who likes NCL Haven for a same reason. That's why opinions are like...well...you know (everyone has one ☺️).

Pricing differences that used to be very evident (MSC was a bargain > NCL), but less so now that goods  / fuel and consumer demand are rising for everyone. 

It comes down to personal preference for itinerary, ship, location, perks, price and people. A great ship but maybe not great staff may equal a bad trip for someone but a fantastic trip for others. For us, we aren't at work, on a luxury resort at sea and there are literally thousands of people who are working 24/7 to try and give my family and I a great experience and home safe. That usually is enough for a good if not great time. 

Have fun choosing!

Warmest, Amy

• Like 2

I hope you don't mind me adding in other cruise lines.  We are looking at a Europe - Baltic cruise.  Just came off the Haven (upgraded) on the Bliss and loved it.  We are now hooked.  As stated, looking at a Europe/Baltic cruise and was wondering about the MSC Yacht Club, so thanks for the responses above.  I would also like to know if anyone has traveled on Celebrity in the Retreat?  How do they compare?  Are there any other cruise lines that have the "ship within a ship" and how do they compare?

I have done both.  Last 4/6 NCL cruises in the Haven and future 5/6 MSC cruises in the Yacht Club.  I, too, have been priced out of Haven on NCL for my family of 4.  We have very specific dates we can travel (kids in school) and Haven for the 4 of us 10-15k each trip.  YC for the 4 of us around +/- 5k each trip.  No brainer, Yacht Club here we come!  

P.S. - I personally like the MSC shows and like the fact they are 45 mins.

@GenerationX just did a B2B: Retreat on Celebrity (which she has done before) & YC on MSC.

She was BLOWN AWAY by YC.

It was on Divina. Word is that YC service is better on older smaller ships; new ones have larger YC & service is suffering some (perhaps not noticeable to a newbie)

Give it a try!

On 1/27/2023 at 9:55 AM, wolft927 said:

Shows are not very important to my wife and I. Fortunately, my wife and I have been very successful in life and do not mind spending on the Haven.  

Good because taste in shows is just as subjective as taste in food. We were very pleased with the shows and even more so with the whole YC experience, which IMO has NCL beat. Kicking myself that we didn’t try it sooner. 

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Good because taste in shows is just as subjective as taste in food. We were very pleased with the shows and even more so with the whole YC experience, which IMO has NCL beat. Kicking myself that we didn’t try it sooner. 

Well we will try it and I’m sure we will love it like the haven! Bad day on a cruise is better then a good day at work I say 

• Like 2