Classic to Premium Drink Package pricing!

cheeseheads4ever

2 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

Can you please tell me if the Martini Bar is stocked with the premium liquors? Or are they making the martinis with Tito’s and other well spirits?

We have upgraded to Premium from AI/Classic on Equinox (granted, not til Nov./23 sailing), but don’t want to pay the up charge if they aren’t even stocking the premium vodkas and gins we have paid for. 

I think they were when we were on in Oct/Nov because we went to the Martini Bar every night.   The reason my husband upgrades to Premium is because there is no whisky he drinks on Classic.  We were on Royal Caribbean 2 weeks ago and the whisky selection was quite slim. We did not have the beverage package thankfully, because that would have been really upsetting.  So I understand not wanting to upgrade unless you have some assurance that the premium alcohols will be available. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jkloni said:

So I understand not wanting to upgrade unless you have some assurance that the premium alcohols will be available. 

Thanks for the response! Interesting to note your thoughts on the Royal Caribbean drink selection. We are going on an RC cruise in May and have the same concern. Is it really worth it to have the drink package? We like to enjoy ourselves on our vacations, but if we can’t get the drinks we want, that will be disappointing and a waste of money to have the drink package. 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

Thanks for the response! Interesting to note your thoughts on the Royal Caribbean drink selection. We are going on an RC cruise in May and have the same concern. Is it really worth it to have the drink package? We like to enjoy ourselves on our vacations, but if we can’t get the drinks we want, that will be disappointing and a waste of money to have the drink package. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Worth it on Celebrity?  For us yes, This will be only our 2nd Celebrity cruise and we have purchased the All Included both times, and then upgraded my husband to Premium with the Elite disc.  The All Included for our next cruise was only about $225 more each than Cruise only which made it worth it to us.

On our Royal Caribbean cruise last month, pre-cruise the lowest the drink package got was $65.99 plus 18% gratuity a day - not worth $1,100 for both of us for 7 nights. As Diamond we had 4 drinks a day loaded onto our cards, and we made do with that with a few extra.  I do have to say it made me feel constricted because I felt the need to check the number of drinks and what we had left vs. the freedom to order whatever - drink, beer, coffee, etc. - anytime I wanted without thinking about it.  Though that freedom wasn't worth $1100 to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jkloni said:

Though that freedom wasn't worth $1100 to me.

That is the same conclusion we are coming to. We got AI on our next Celebrity cruise and think it is worth it to upgrade, but the cost of a drink package on Royal Caribbean isn’t worth the list price for us ($89.66 CAD pp/pd plus gratuity). 

12 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

Can you please tell me if the Martini Bar is stocked with the premium liquors? Or are they making the martinis with Tito’s and other well spirits?

We have upgraded to Premium from AI/Classic on Equinox (granted, not til Nov./23 sailing), but don’t want to pay the up charge if they aren’t even stocking the premium vodkas and gins we have paid for. 

Specific ones you are interested in?  I can take a look.

15 minutes ago, PRH said:

Perhaps indicative—the Martini Bar hasn’t been very full whenever we’ve walked by.  In the past, it was always extremely crowded.

5 hours ago, PRH said:

In our experience (30+ Celebrity cruises) the Martini Bar has been stocked with the Premium vodka including Grey Goose, Ketel One, Belvedere and Christiania. 

• Like 1