anytime dining on oasis ships

tommy47

51 minutes ago, tommy47 said:

my wife and i are going on the symphony of the seas and i was wondering how the anytime dining works.  we just came from a princess cruise and they said that anytime dining wasnt open between 6:30 to 8:00. thank you

MTD now starts at 6:45.  You can pre reserve through the cruise planner, just show up any time 6:45 - 8:45, talk to the head waiter on day one and you can reserve the the same table and waitstaff for the entire cruise. Most reports coming in from cruisers say MTD is a absolute joke, long lines every night, many report the non reservation line moves much faster than the reservation line.  First seating traditional is around 5:15 and , late seating about 8. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

We normally book first available time and get in line around 6:30.  On Symphony the host will walk up and down both res and non-res lines and ask if anyone wants to be seated now in the other dining room.  We just wait for the table we are used to.  Longest wait was around 30 minutes but normally no wait once they get a large number of the first seating people out and get the tables reset.

And yes, the non-res line can move faster because people in the other line are often waiting for a particular table.

• Like 1

We had it 3 times due to oversight at booking and being new to RCCL and it was a nightmare to say the least. While everything on RRCL has lines of some sort I have never seen wait that long for a regular dining. tails go around the corner each night. We were unable to arrange for anything constant  on all 3 cruises. Main concern is of course the waste of time. Last cruise we were in JS so had access to Coastal Kitchen, unable to secure MDR reservation we ended up dining there for all 7 days, but even there we had to make a new reservation every day in person and availability varied every day. Basically we had to build plans around dinner time and not the other way around. I find it a huge "con" for RCCL. I get it you may not be able to show up and get a table right away but now being able to reserve a table at a given time a day or two in advance is just weird for an included dining option and not a specialty restaurant

We  haven't been on a cruise for about 8 years now, but previous to that when MTD was started and for 3 separate cruises we just showed up at the podium when we were ready to eat, roughly around 6:30 m/l, 2 of us and maybe waited 10-20 minutes the most;  For us the whole idea of MTD is what I sort of stated.  PS when we went as a family of more than 4 we would reserve under the early setting under the traditional settings.

On 1/27/2023 at 7:04 PM, tommy47 said:

we just came from a princess cruise and they said that anytime dining wasnt open between 6:30 to 8:00. thank you

on Princess? Somebody lied to you. We are just off Enchanted and they have ATD which is open the entire time.

On the Allure last June we had MTD and we were usually seated within 10 minutes at 6:30ish.. We made reservations for every day in advance at 6:00 or 6:15.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 1/27/2023 at 6:04 PM, tommy47 said:

we just came from a princess cruise and they said that anytime dining wasnt open between 6:30 to 8:00.

46 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

on Princess? Somebody lied to you. We are just off Enchanted and they have ATD which is open the entire time.

There may have been no more reservations available between 6:30 and 8:00, but you can still get in the "no reservations" line when you're ready to eat.

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

Our last one was on Crown Princess for New Year of 2020.

They did have Medallion internet etc. Yet, I do not remember reservation system available.

Why are you arguing if it's been 3+ years since you've been on Princess?

Now, 3 years later Princess is all ATD, no early and late assigned seating.  In the Medallion app you can make a reservation at the same time in the same dining room each night or make reservations at different times/in different dining rooms for each night.  Or if you don't want to make a reservation they take walk-ups in the "No Reservatons" line.

• Thanks 1