Speciality Dining Reservation Changes

CruisingNole

I’m sailing Silhouette in March. Murano is already booked solid and the only reservation I was able to get is 9pm on day 1.

I prefer to eat at 6pm - 7pm so the plan is to go straight to the restaurant after embarkation to try to get a reservation earlier in the evening on that same day.

If there is no wiggle room and they can’t give us an earlier reservation, will they typically issue a refund?

Edited by CruisingNole

I don't know about a refund (my guess on that is no), but I think you have good chance of getting an earlier time, especially if you're willing to do 6 p.m. I just got off the Reflection yesterday. Before the cruise, I made a reservation for the Lawn Club Grill on the first night. The only time available through the Cruise Planner was 9:30. After I booked that, I kept checking to see if more times became available, and the Cruise Planner kept showing no availability. Once I got on the ship, I was able to change the time to 8 p.m. with no problem --- and the restaurant wasn't full when I had my dinner. I changed another specialty dining reservation on this cruise, and I've made and changed a lot of reservations on other ships. In my experience, with a little flexibility, you should be able to get something that works for you, outside of 7 or 7:30.

Appreciate the tips everyone. Should we board and there truly are no other reservations available on that day, hopefully they will at least let us move it to another day without penalty. Although I imagine we’d lose the first night discount, which is fine.

4 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

Appreciate the tips everyone. Should we board and there truly are no other reservations available on that day, hopefully they will at least let us move it to another day without penalty. Although I imagine we’d lose the first night discount, which is fine.

I doubt they will move it since they want to have as many 1st night reservations as possible.

Since you are willing to move it to another day, even if you lose the 1st night discount, my suggestion is to seek another night online reservation now.  If you can find an online reservation for your desired time on another night, then book it and cancel the 1st night.  An enjoyable cruise experience is more important than saving $20 or $30 per person.

5 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

I doubt they will move it since they want to have as many 1st night reservations as possible.

Since you are willing to move it to another day, even if you lose the 1st night discount, my suggestion is to seek another night online reservation now.  If you can find an online reservation for your desired time on another night, then book it and cancel the 1st night.  An enjoyable cruise experience is more important than saving $20 or $30 per person.

Thanks, appreciate the response. Unfortunately at 6 weeks out, there are no reservations for Murano on any night. I’m hoping they will release more dates/times once we board.