Carnival Sunrise vs Celebrity Summit for 4 day cruise with my daughter

l_n_kelly

Hi everyone!

I have only been on one cruise before (Princess to Alaska).  I am looking to take my college-aged (19) daughter on a short, 4-day cruise from Miami in March.  I have narrowed it down to the Celebrity Summit and the Carnival Sunrise.  They have similar itineraries and we are doing it on the cheap...inside cabins and trying not to spend lots on extras.  Any advice on which might suit us more?  We are not partiers but enjoy activities.  A good show or some fun comedy or other games would be great.  I am not looking for a frat party atmosphere, but don't mind some silliness or fun.  They are pretty close in price, so that won't help me make the decision either.  Any thoughts?

Thanks very much in advance!

Lisa

Watch some videos on Youtube to give you a better idea of what to expect from a 4 day. But having sailed on both, you will definitely get Frat Party atmosphere on a Carnival cruise especially on a 4 day in March during the height of Spring break for Florida schools. Typically Celebrity would not be a frat party crowd but 4 day cruise during Spring Break, I would expect to find a large group of children/high schoolers and College age children.

Ok, thank you!  This is very helpful.  The one concern I had about the Celebrity was that I hear there is more to do on the Carnival cruises.  Are we likely to be bored on Celebrity?  Or is this such a short cruise that that is unlikely regardless?

Thank you again for your quick and helpful responses!

Lisa

5 hours ago, Lisa3635 said:

We did the sunrise in Oct 22 and summit in nov 22.  No contest summit!  We did not care for the sunrise at all.  Better food, entertainment and service on the summit.  

The last few weeks there have been drastic cuts to the food on Celebrity especially if you go to the buffet for dinner.

Choose the Summit unless you want to deal with a Spring Break partying college crowd. 

My DH and I have sailed  on the Summit three Times when the ship was doing Bermuda cruises out of Bayonne,NJ. We enjoyed all the cruises.

The Summit has an enclosed pool area that is adult only. It is pleasant and relaxing.

There are activities and shows on the Summit,but we found that we filled our sea days with what we felt like doing- using the gym,walking around the ship both inside and outside,having leisurely meals either in the MDR or the buffet,going to a lounge for music in the evenings or a show.

There are no sexy legs contests, loud announcements or raunchy comedians on the Summit.

If you want a pleasant atmosphere, attentive service and a relaxing vacation experience, Summit would be the better choice for you and your daughter.

MJ🙋🏻