I’m a seasoned X cruiser, but can you clear up some Classic and Premium questions?

thebutlerdidit

I normally cruise with the Premium package, but I’m trying to guide some first time cruisers through their options. 

1. What is the current upper price limit on the Classic package? I know it used to be $9.

2. Is it now true that if one passenger upgrades from Classic to Premium their cabin mate also needs to upgrade?

3. Tag along question to #2: while onboard is it possible for only one person to upgrade their package at a bar? 

Thanks in advance!

32 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I normally cruise with the Premium package, but I’m trying to guide some first time cruisers through their options. 

1. What is the current upper price limit on the Classic package? I know it used to be $9.

2. Is it now true that if one passenger upgrades from Classic to Premium their cabin mate also needs to upgrade?

3. Tag along question to #2: while onboard is it possible for only one person to upgrade their package at a bar? 

Thanks in advance!

1.  $10 now.

2. It seems both have to upgrade.  Zero Proof does not seem to be the same as I had a cruise booked (April) without any package and I could purchase online for one and not the other passenger.  Alcohol seems to be more on their radar with the new policy.

3. I doubt this makes any difference but I'm sure others will chime in on #2 and #3.

All this said, Celebrity FAQ says this so, even with an answer here, your experience might be different.

Does everyone in the stateroom need to purchase the same drink package, including upgrades? 

The Drink Package Policy requires all guests to purchase the same Drink Package for ALL guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom (ex. if one guest chooses to upgrade to the Premium Drink Package, ALL guests of legal drinking age in the stateroom must upgrade) This policy applies to packages purchased pre-cruise and onboard.    

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, poffles said:

1.  $10 now.

2. It seems both have to upgrade.  Zero Proof does not seem to be the same as I had a cruise booked (April) without any package and I could purchase online for one and not the other passenger.  Alcohol seems to be more on their radar with the new policy.

3. I doubt this makes any difference but I'm sure others will chime in on #2 and #3.

All this said, Celebrity FAQ says this so, even with an answer here, your experience might be different.

Does everyone in the stateroom need to purchase the same drink package, including upgrades? 

The Drink Package Policy requires all guests to purchase the same Drink Package for ALL guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom (ex. if one guest chooses to upgrade to the Premium Drink Package, ALL guests of legal drinking age in the stateroom must upgrade) This policy applies to packages purchased pre-cruise and onboard.    

I upgraded from

classic to premium on 1/13/23 and my husband did not. The celebrity rep said, no problem and processed the single person upgrade for $20/day (+$4 gratuity) and applied my 5% discount. Total for 7 day cruise was $159.46. 

47D256A6-3C4F-42E2-8744-496055EDC15D.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StellaTN said:

I upgraded from

classic to premium on 1/13/23 and my husband did not. The celebrity rep said, no problem and processed the single person upgrade for $20/day (+$4 gratuity) and applied my 5% discount. Total for 7 day cruise was $159.46. 

Just called and did same for April cruise, one person upgraded and had 10% discount applied ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KKB said:

I have always just upgraded my package...did so at the bar on embarkation day on the Equinox in Nov. 

Things 'changed' this year, at least in writing.  It's more a question if the same 'policy' of all in a room applies equally pre-cruise/onboard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NaplesKnitter said:

Hi, I’m a seasoned cruiser as well and asking for somebody else-  what waters and is soda included on the Classic drink package?  And specialty coffees?   Thanks. For your help. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Beverage_Package_FAQs.pdf

This 2023 document says yes; however, the website descriptions do not mention some of them.  All I know is I sure hope the Cafe is still included like it has been in the past. 

5 minutes ago, NaplesKnitter said:

What has everyone ordered from Cafe bacio( non alcoholic) that comes with the classic drink package?  I’m sorry to hijack this thread- I understand non premium water but what’s the soda and premium coffee?

Latte, cappuccino, Americano, hot chocolate, Coke products (and have been handed can).