Ruby Princess from Galveston - drink package?

Beav1279

13 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Yes, it is liquor that is the issue. 

not quite true, at least on Carnival.  the carnival drink packages do not start until day 2 at 6am.  Yes you can still by drinks (limited alcohol menu) and all soft drinks but just not with your package.  they don't charge you for the package that day either.

• Thanks 1

Following this as well, going on Ruby Princess in a month. Want confirmation but it sounds like Carnival and Princess are doing it differently even though they have the same parent company. Carnival doesn’t charge you for cheers on embark day so I assume you’re paying for any drinks alcoholic or otherwise until day 2. It sounds like Princess offers a limited menu until you hit international waters. I’m paying for the package for all 7 days on Princess so that would make more sense. If that’s wrong please confirm otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Woody14 said:

not quite true, at least on Carnival.  the carnival drink packages do not start until day 2 at 6am.  Yes you can still by drinks (limited alcohol menu) and all soft drinks but just not with your package.  they don't charge you for the package that day either.

Thanks for correct info - I didn't realize that different ship corps did it differently!

On 1/31/2023 at 11:48 AM, wilycoyote76 said:

Following this as well, going on Ruby Princess in a month. Want confirmation but it sounds like Carnival and Princess are doing it differently even though they have the same parent company. Carnival doesn’t charge you for cheers on embark day so I assume you’re paying for any drinks alcoholic or otherwise until day 2. It sounds like Princess offers a limited menu until you hit international waters. I’m paying for the package for all 7 days on Princess so that would make more sense. If that’s wrong please confirm otherwise.

This is exactly what I've kinda puzzle-pieced together... If anyone has been on the Ruby in the last couple of months, I'd love a confirmation on this. Thank you!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2023 at 8:50 AM, Beav1279 said:

This is exactly what I've kinda puzzle-pieced together... If anyone has been on the Ruby in the last couple of months, I'd love a confirmation on this. Thank you!

Was on it in January and leave again tomorrow. The drink package starts first day when you hit international waters, usually around 7pm.

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 5:47 PM, CC Rider 69 said:

Was on it in January and leave again tomorrow. The drink package starts first day when you hit international waters, usually around 7pm.

I just got off yesterday - drink package started at 5:45pm! Guess the captain was ready to get out of TX.

4 hours ago, Beav1279 said:

I just got off yesterday - drink package started at 5:45pm! Guess the captain was ready to get out of TX.

5:45 is about the time it started on the February 26 cruise as well.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

That might be the best autocorrect I've ever seen!! Think it should say "when boarding"!!

iPhone decides.

Yes, do we pay extra the first day for bottle water & sodas on the Regal out of Galveston.  One passenger in our group purchased the Classic Soda package.