After Vista is Allura

KS&JW

This news of Allura's maiden voyage in the spring of 2025 is exciting.  In today's press release it states: "Details of Allura’s inaugural season, which will feature an intriguing array of marquee and boutique destinations across Europe and the Americas, will be revealed this spring before going on sale in the summer."  Will be looking forward to seeing the itineraries!

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2023/OCEANIA+CRUISES+WELCOMES+ALLURA+TO+ITS+ACCLAIMED+FLEET+-+Setting+Sail+in+2025%2c+Vista’s+Sister+Ship+is+the+Line’s+Second+Allura+Class+Ship/

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 12:16 PM, WESTEAST said:

This news of Allura's maiden voyage in the spring of 2025 is exciting.  In today's press release it states: "Details of Allura’s inaugural season, which will feature an intriguing array of marquee and boutique destinations across Europe and the Americas, will be revealed this spring before going on sale in the summer."  Will be looking forward to seeing the itineraries!

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2023/OCEANIA+CRUISES+WELCOMES+ALLURA+TO+ITS+ACCLAIMED+FLEET+-+Setting+Sail+in+2025%2c+Vista’s+Sister+Ship+is+the+Line’s+Second+Allura+Class+Ship/

We will be looking forward to our 20th cruise in 2025. By then will have 4 Vista cruises done. Looking forward to trying the Allura then!

It will definitely be interesting to see where she sails. Europe and Americas.

We are on the Vista in June and except for the very top suites, available cabins are wide open, and we have not reached final payment yet where more typically becomes available. How many ships does O believe it can fill in Europe?

Does Americas mean another ship in the Carribe in the winter or is the Marina getting displaced on its S.A. Winter itineraries?

• Like 1

Can't wait to see the PRICES. Fascinating how much MORE EXPENSIVE Vista cruises are, so I assume Allura will continue the price differential. I'll be avoiding both like the expensive "plague ships" they are for the price-to-value conscious passenger I am. (Did Riviera--12/2021 and Sirena--11/2022. Have booked Riviera B2B 11/2023 and Sirena again in 9/2024.)

1 hour ago, PirateShark said:

While we enjoyed our Regatta Alaska cruise, we prefer the amenities and space of the O ships.  We're hoping they move a larger ship to Alaska since none of the current itineraries require the smaller ship anyway.

I have speculated that Riviera may be taking over the Alaska runs. Take a look at the farthest out Regatta and Riviera itineraries to see why I think this may happen. I would love Riviera on the west coast routes, especially if she can still go to the smaller ports.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, PirateShark said:

While we enjoyed our Regatta Alaska cruise, we prefer the amenities and space of the O ships.  We're hoping they move a larger ship to Alaska since none of the current itineraries require the smaller ship anyway.

This is an interesting dilemma. Alaskan ports are often jammed in the summer. I’ve seen 6-7+ ships in Juneau at once. When this happens, and it doesn’t always happen but often enough, ships are forced to anchor not dock.

What I learned is that docking rights are assigned by seniority. Compared to the big boys, Oceania is a baby still in diapers. Stand in the harbor area and we saw the usual actors at dock, and Oceania out in the harbor running tenders. Not the case everyday, but most often.

Exchanging a R ship ( Regatta) for an O or A class ship won’t change seniority, but only the number of passengers tendered in and out to/from dock..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PirateShark said:

If you look at the schedules Oceania has published through 2025, it looks like the Riviera will be sailing in Alaska in 2025 as the Regatta is in Asia through July 2025 and the last cruise listed for the Riviera ends in Vancouver on May 15, 2025.  Based on those schedules, it looks like the Riviera will be Oceania's ship in Alaska in 2025.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I foresee massive rendering in the above case.

Most of Regatta's June/July 2023 assignments in Juneau involve tendering; August has more non-tender assignments. Just curious, why would Riviera cause more tendering?

(referencing claalaska.com)

Edited by AMHuntFerry

6 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Most of Regatta's June/July 2023 assignments in Juneau involve tendering; August has more non-tender assignments. Just curious, why would Riviera cause more tendering?

(referencing claalaska.com)

Purely scheduling.

Oceania is low on the totem pole of seniority and thus docking rights. All ship docking are based on that system. It happens both in the US and abroad.

By coincidence, the August portdocking schedule of Riveria was not as overbooked as the Riveria August schedule.

15 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Purely scheduling.

Oceania is low on the totem pole of seniority and thus docking rights. All ship docking are based on that system. It happens both in the US and abroad.

By coincidence, the August portdocking schedule of Riveria was not as overbooked as the Riveria August schedule.

Sorry, I'm not understanding...there are no schedules for Riviera yet as far as I know (just 2023 and 2024). I read your comments to mean that the Riviera would need to tender more that Regatta. If that is what you are saying, I don't understand why. I fully understand the "O has lower priority" statement which is why I wish they'd stick with less popular/smaller ports even if they have fewer services.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

12 hours ago, ChadnKate said:

Would love to see an O Class sized ship on an Around the World itinerary!

Oceania comes no where near filling a R ship on ATWs. Why would they dedicate a larger ship? Several of the segments don’t sell that well either!

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Oceania comes no where near filling a R ship on ATWs. Why would they dedicate a larger ship? Several of the segments don’t sell that well either!

I love the R ships. but the cabins, closets and bathrooms are smaller. For a few weeks that's trumped by their wonderful design. But over 180 days greater space, dining and other activities might attract a larger enrollment. Also, the voyage could be broken into multiple "Grand Voyages" which also might attract more. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

I love the R ships. but the cabins, closets and bathrooms are smaller. For a few weeks that's trumped by their wonderful design. But over 180 days greater space, dining and other activities might attract a larger enrollment. Also, the voyage could be broken into multiple "Grand Voyages" which also might attract more. 

Pre Covid, I believe it was on one of our 2019 cruises, one of the OCA said that Oceania was considering going to an every other year ATW schedule because of the low response rate. 

O stopped sending the Marina to OZ and then the FP because they couldn’t fill a larger ship. We’re on the Riveria next spring for Japan. That cruise on Nautica sold out well in advance, the Riveria cruises have space galore. 

There are indeed issues with 180 day cruises, just not sure dedication of a larger ship would affect them. A number of past cruisers didn’t enjoy being a segmenter on an ATW. Those issues don’t disappear on a larger ship.O could indeed give it a try. Be surprised if it happens.

4 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Pre Covid, I believe it was on one of our 2019 cruises, one of the OCA said that Oceania was considering going to an every other year ATW schedule because of the low response rate. 

O stopped sending the Marina to OZ and then the FP because they couldn’t fill a larger ship. We’re on the Riveria next spring for Japan. That cruise on Nautica sold out well in advance, the Riveria cruises have space galore. 

There are indeed issues with 180 day cruises, just not sure dedication of a larger ship would affect them. A number of past cruisers didn’t enjoy being a segmenter on an ATW. Those issues don’t disappear on a larger ship.O could indeed give it a try. Be surprised if it happens.

I'd be happier as a segmented on the larger ship. Have been unwilling to be one on the smaller Insignia.