Are Sugar Free Maple Syrup and Sugar Free Jam, Zero Fat Yogurt Easily Available in the WJ?

teddie

8 hours ago, mil76 said:

In the past they would always have the single serving pods of sugar free syrup right next to the other toppings.  On Navigator in December it was nowhere to be found.  Maybe it was just a supply issue but I assume it was just another cost cutting exercise.  Hopefully someone who was on another ship recently will prove me wrong.

I've had this happen on a couple of  sailings and ended up asking enough people to get to someone that knew what I was talking about and knew where to go get it from the stores. I happen to mention it to the head of F & B at the CA event one time and it certainly showed up next to the waffles the rest of the cruise. 

As far as the yogurts go they only have the normal sugar low fat variety. I've not found any Greek yogurt in the cups. Not sure what they use in the big bowl in the Windjammer or the muselix or parfait things. 

A lot of those flavored water things in the WJ are supposedly sugar free too. I believe them to be this line https://www.nestleprofessional.us/vitality-strawberry-kiwi-vitamin-water-concent . 

on my last 2 cruises, last January and May, i had to ask to get plain yogurt and they always found some for me.  So if you do not see what you want, always ask and you might be pleasantly surprised.  I only use monkfruit for sweetener and always bring those with me.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 4:27 PM, BecciBoo said:

As Keto, I can say it's difficult in the extreme...in fact they've cut the amount of sugar free stuff this year.  I take my own sweeteners of course, even take Skinny Girl Simple Syrup with me.

@BecciBoo I’ve thought about bringing this on the ship, but I’m not sure how to make it work. Do you ask the bartender to make your drink without simple syrup and then just mix Skinny Girl syrup in yourself? 
It would be so nice if there were more sugar free or diet cocktail mixers available on the ship. 

6 hours ago, ShellinTX said:

@BecciBoo I’ve thought about bringing this on the ship, but I’m not sure how to make it work. Do you ask the bartender to make your drink without simple syrup and then just mix Skinny Girl syrup in yourself? 
It would be so nice if there were more sugar free or diet cocktail mixers available on the ship. 

I try to find a bartender who'll use mine or do what you said...in our room I take it in a bar glass, just a couple ounces and take it to the bar and they mix it.  I am diabetic and if I can eliminate some sugar its just that much better for me.  Usually do martinis, Lemon Drops or Mojitos.  Nothing with fruit juice.  I take it through the conveyor sealed and in my wine bag.  Nobody in terminal has even glanced at it.

• Like 1