31 days on Marina?

oceanpark

I posted a question previously about a repositioning cruise from Miami to Malta on Vista, but am now considering a repositioning on Marina, Buenos to Miami.  My husband prefers this itinerary to the Vista cruise.   As this will be our first repositioning cruise, your thoughts on spending 31 days on a smaller ship would be appreciated.  Should I be concerned about the state of the ship, as this cruise would be just prior to the ship’s refurbishment.  

Hi there, Vista and Marina are basically the same size along with Riveria so no worries regarding sailing on a smaller ship than Vista.  We have been on Marina for extended sailings and enjoyed her immensely, but that was a few years ago.  Others who have sailed more recently may have more insight.

35 minutes ago, oceanpark said:

I posted a question previously about a repositioning cruise from Miami to Malta on Vista, but am now considering a repositioning on Marina, Buenos to Miami.  My husband prefers this itinerary to the Vista cruise.   As this will be our first repositioning cruise, your thoughts on spending 31 days on a smaller ship would be appreciated.  Should I be concerned about the state of the ship, as this cruise would be just prior to the ship’s refurbishment.  

Recently spent 47 days on Marina. Other than having to dodge the many passengers without masks coughing all over the place, it was yet another enjoyable O vacation.

7 hours ago, BTO said:

I took the plunge and booked our first Oceania cruise on Marina, March 2024.  Looking forward to trying Oceania after Celebrity and Holland America.

Oceania is amazing.  It is a big jump from X and HA.  Marina is beautiful.  We were on in December .  In 2022 we took 3 cruises….Celebrity, Windstar, and Oceania.  It was nice to sail again. Celebrity was very crowded. Spouse got Covid. Windstar was nice.  We seldom rebook onboard. However, while on Marina, we booked another cruise on Vista.  Have a great time on Marina.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BTO said:

I took the plunge and booked our first Oceania cruise on Marina, March 2024.  Looking forward to trying Oceania after Celebrity and Holland America.

Last May-June was our first Oceania cruise after having done Celebrity and Holland America also - we now have two more Oceania booked and won't go back to the others!

• Like 1