Dining Room Manager on Diamond Princess

f1jon

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I can't speak definitively in regards to the Diamond...but given that the MDR would be open for lunch I would think your best bet would be in the DR.

Thanks, but MDR is not typically open for lunch on the first day of cruise.

Since Post Covid, all of my (5) lunches have been in (club class) dining on embarkation day. 

There was only one embarkation lunch that was not offered, that I know of.  I was told that the MDR lunch after I disembarked would not be happening because of a shortage of crew.  This was when the ship was trying to get back up to 100%.

As far as finding a Dining Room Manager...are you asking about the Maitre 'd or Head Waiter (assistant manager)?  Sorry for the old school titles.  Since the implementation of the DMW app, the Maitre 'd doesn't have the normal 2 PM meet and greet to settle issues.  I've personally not seen him during embarkation lunch either.

There will be an Assistant Manager stationed in the Buffet and Piazza areas, but not sure if they can settle any MDR problems.

Edited by cr8tiv1

The dining room was not open on the Jan. 16th sailing on the Crown.  First time for us.  The crew had to get off for some kind of immigration check.  I was told by a server in Horizon court that it was an unexpected check.  It was very chaotic in Horizon Court due to lack of crew members.

1 hour ago, f1jon said:

Probably, by the time I get onboard the MDR is closed.

Perhaps you can enlighten us about why you want to see the dining room manager on embarkation day?Others that Have had the same experience might be able to help you or direct you to the right answer. 

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1