Using the APP to "Log in to the app to activate The Band" help

raphael360

I just received my latest email about my upcoming cruise next week.  The link provided in the email merely pointed me to their webpage instructing me to 'download the app'...duh.  But curiously it stated I could use the app to activate "the Band".  Is this possible and are they referring to a Band from a previous cruise??

I've attached a screenshot from Virgin's webpage:

2084146513_Screenshot2023-02-01at12_11_58PM.thumb.png.b187dab4b87e42b573d599f60870aa4d.png

2 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I did a CHAT session today regarding my Deep Blue extras and brought this up.  She didn't have a clue what the website's reference to: use the app to activate "the Band" meant.  There's no there there 🙂

That's no surprise.  The shoreside service is improving, but they often don't have a clue about things.

The website has been very glitchy lately. When Virgin launched they shipped your bands ahead of your voyage, but stopped doing so. The “active your bands” might be that old feature showing up on your account. I wouldn’t worry about it.

• Like 2

I think the wording of activate your band is just confusing. The original plan was to send out the bands in the post, so by doing the pre-boarding tasks (photo of passport, contract, health declaration, embarkation slot) you would “activate” the band ready to check in while boarding. 
Those tasks still need to be done but you don’t receive the band until you get to the check in at the terminal.