Self serve laundry

tomnmkm

According to this (from Carnival direct), Panorama should have it:

LAUNDRY SERVICE

Self-Service Launderettes
Self-service launderettes are located on staterooms decks. There are 2 or 3 washers, 2 or 3 dryers, and 1 iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $3.50 USD per washer load and $3.50 USD per dryer load. For your convenience, if you have not packed your own, each launderette has a vending machine that dispenses small boxes of detergent and water softener at $2.00 USD per box. 

On most ships, the machines are operated using your Sail & Sign card for payment. On the following ships, only coins are accepted to operate the machine; change can be obtained at the Guest Service Desk, if needed: Carnival Elation and Carnival Paradise.

Self-Service Launderettes are featured on most ships with the exception of the following: 

• Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras do not have washers and dryers but have ironing rooms on several stateroom decks as well as Valet Laundry service.
  • Carnival Luminosa and Carnival Venezia do not have washers, dryers nor ironing rooms but do offer Valet Laundry service.

Self-Service Launderettes
Hours: hours are listed on the Launderette door

• 2 or 3 washers and 2 or 3 dryers ($)
  • 1 iron and ironing board
  • Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener ($)

Locations - Launderettes
Deck 1 - midship / across from 1367
Deck 2 - midship / across from 2381
Deck 6 - midship / across from 6347
Deck 7 - midship / across from 7345
Deck 8 - midship / across from 8339
Deck 9 - midship / across from 9278

They're relatively new and they're rarely used -- there's probably some exceptions (Christmas/New Year's), but the self service laundry only becomes a hot potato on cruises over a week.  The laundry rooms look identical on most of the Carnival and Princess (owned by Carnival Corp.) ships I've been on.   They all sell single load All powdered laundry laundry detergent, and one to two Snuggle dryer sheets for $1.50 - $2.00.

You can also toss in a few pods and laundry sheets into your luggage to save a few bucks.  You could also pick up a small, 10-load bottle of Gain from the Dollar Tree for $1.25, or Tide from Target for $3.  My other half is picky about using only Tide Ultra Oxi -- she's convinced that any other laundry detergent gives her hives, but I digress -- so we re-use a Tide bottle.  Guess you could also sneak alcohol that way, as nobody as ever opened it or said a thing...

37 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

They're relatively new and they're rarely used -- there's probably some exceptions (Christmas/New Year's), but the self service laundry only becomes a hot potato on cruises over a week.  The laundry rooms look identical on most of the Carnival and Princess (owned by Carnival Corp.) ships I've been on.   They all sell single load All powdered laundry laundry detergent, and one to two Snuggle dryer sheets for $1.50 - $2.00.

You can also toss in a few pods and laundry sheets into your luggage to save a few bucks.  You could also pick up a small, 10-load bottle of Gain from the Dollar Tree for $1.25, or Tide from Target for $3.  My other half is picky about using only Tide Ultra Oxi -- she's convinced that any other laundry detergent gives her hives, but I digress -- so we re-use a Tide bottle.  Guess you could also sneak alcohol that way, as nobody as ever opened it or said a thing...

it’s tough to fully rinse out detergent bottles. You’ll be burping bubbles all cruise if you try to smuggle booze in a Tide bottle

• Haha 2