Whiskey drinkers, is this a pretty accurate list of what's available?

Sundiego

Haven't cruised Princess in awhile. Husband likes Whistle Pig but I don't see that or any other rye whiskies. I did find this list on another site. Does it look like a pretty accurate list of his options? Thanks!

Denise

whiskey.jpg

1 hour ago, Sundiego said:

Haven't cruised Princess in awhile. Husband likes Whistle Pig but I don't see that or any other rye whiskies. I did find this list on another site. Does it look like a pretty accurate list of his options? Thanks!

Denise

whiskey.jpg

Looks fairly accurate but rest assured they will be out of stock of a few of them. My husband was down to his third choice and could only get it at one or two bars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are more than listed. There is usually some type of Rye but not what I want. (I like Bulleit Rye and I have seen it on Princess but not the last couple of times I sailed.) For instance I drink Bulleit bourbon  when cruising Princess. What they have on hand will depend on the ship. On Ruby you could order this item. Please be aware that the price listed is for one shot...

image.png.18f92c5e0561e55d72a7dbb5e81cb69e.png

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

There are more than listed. There is usually some type of Rye but not what I want. (I like Bulleit Rye and I have seen it on Princess but not the last couple of times I sailed.) For instance I drink Bulleit bourbon  when cruising Princess. What they have on hand will depend on the ship. On Ruby you could order this item. Please be aware that the price listed is for one shot...

image.png.18f92c5e0561e55d72a7dbb5e81cb69e.png

Which beverage package did you have that this was included?

26 minutes ago, malba2366 said:

Which beverage package did you have that this was included?

Everything on the TV menu says it is included in the beverage package. It's bogus and just means that the first $14.16 ($12 plus 18% gratuity) is covered. It's idiotic to have that listed.

13 hours ago, memoak said:

I have had Woodford and Buffalo Trace but 

it just depends on what they can get

Woodford, Knob 9, Bulleit were what they had on the Crown Princess last cruise.

No BT or even Maker's Mark. The Maker's Mark being missing was weird.

2 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

Woodford, Knob 9, Bulleit were what they had on the Crown Princess last cruise.

No BT or even Maker's Mark. The Maker's Mark being missing was weird.

It is all about the supply train

This is cut from the old "Beverage Package Evaluator" spreadsheet that used to float around here:

================================

Canadian Club
Crown Royal
Jack Daniel's
Jim Beam
Chivas Regal
Chivas Royal Salute
Cutty Sark
Dewar's White
Dewar's 12yo
Gentleman Jack
Jameson Irish
Seagram's 7
Maker's Mark
Bulleit
Highland Park
Knob Creek
Woodford Reserve
John Jacob Rye
Talisker
Dalwhinnie
Cragganmore
Glenkinchie
Seagram's vo
Glenlivet 12 yo single
Gledfiddich 12yo single
House Scotch
Fireball
Buffalo Trace
Johnnie Walker Red
Johnnie Walker Black
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

I 100% understand that. But no Maker's or even Crown Royal? Is the supply chain in LA really that squeezed?

Princess needs to place an order with 'Total Wine' in PE/Fort Lauderdale - or go into Publix and stock up on the BOGO's

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, voljeep said:

Princess needs to place an order with 'Total Wine' in PE/Fort Lauderdale - or go into Publix and stock up on the BOGO's

Both of those bottles are decent, but neither one is allocated or "difficult" to find. You'd have to go out of your way to find a liquor store that doesn't carry those two as they're like the Coke and Pepsi of Bourbon and Canadian Whisky.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

I 100% understand that. But no Maker's or even Crown Royal? Is the supply chain in LA really that squeezed?

I would think they are buying alcohol through duty free channels, so it's not just calling up a liquor distributor in LA and reloading.  This is why they have the duty free versions of Macallan and not 12, 15, 18 that are available in stores here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike07 said:

Both of those bottles are decent, but neither one is allocated or "difficult" to find. You'd have to go out of your way to find a liquor store that doesn't carry those two as they're like the Coke and Pepsi of Bourbon and Canadian Whisky.

it's not like someone is complaining about Princess being out of 'Pappy Van Winkle' - or a 25 year bottle of Scotch 😉

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

I've seen Maker's on every cruise. It was definitely available on Royal in May and on Ruby in December. I didn't notice Crown Royal but I didn't look as I don't really drink it.

12 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

Also, Four Roses Single Barrel was available at $14/shot. In some of the classier bars, you might find some one-offs that fall within the $12 to $18/shot range.

Quite often Wheelhouse has a better selection than most of the other bars. If you can't find what you are looking for try that venue. You may also find something that has disappeared from other bars by checking the ones that have very limited hours or clientele. The bar that is forward on a high deck opens late and closes early. Adagio is a good place to look as it opens late and many people don't seem to even know it exists so you may find liquor that is "sold out" in other venues.

I also found that Room Service had liquor that was scarce in the bars.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, malba2366 said:

I would think they are buying alcohol through duty free channels, so it's not just calling up a liquor distributor in LA and reloading.  This is why they have the duty free versions of Macallan and not 12, 15, 18 that are available in stores here.

I would be curious how they source their liquor. I have seen at Port Everglades I've seen the beer and cases of bottles being loaded up (for a Caribbean cruise where conceivably some of the stops could bypass or undercut American pricing).

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I've seen Maker's on every cruise. It was definitely available on Royal in May and on Ruby in December. I didn't notice Crown Royal but I didn't look as I don't really drink it.

This was on the last sailing of the Crown Princess, and yes Crown Royal, per one of the better bartenders on board, was out of stock. Of course, there are bottles that get held back for various people/parties... but Makers or Crown is not Pappy's or some allocated Sazerac product.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:22 PM, Upper Bob said:

These are the scotch and whiskey selections from the Enchanted Princess last year. This is from the Crooners and Take Five drink menus and each had the same selection. Good Spirits will also have the same selection.

OP here... thank you! If they do indeed have Bushmills, that will work 🙂

Denise

8 hours ago, Sundiego said:

OP here... thank you! If they do indeed have Bushmills, that will work 🙂

Denise

Pretty sure I saw many bottles of Bushmills on Emerald recently. In general they had both more and fewer whiskies and spirits in general than the menus show. Some items on the menus were not available ship wide. On the other hand many bars had extra whiskies or spirits that weren’t listed. Some were within the $12 Plus limit and some were a few dollars extra.  

Same story on wines except that the “extra” wines were mostly limited to a few special bars (Vines and Adagio on Emerald). 

• Like 1