Carnival Venezia Sept 23 - Sept 29 2023

Haljo1935

• Haljo1935 changed the title to Carnival Venezia Sept 23 - Sept 29 2023
  • 3 weeks later...

We'll be going on this one too.  Originally booked on the Magic but when carnival swapped ships, we were so impressed with what we saw on this ship, we decided to do a B2B.  We added the15-day Southern Caribbean cruise from New York on September 29 making it a 21-day B2B.  The Venezia doesn't look like all the other typical Carnival ships, so we are looking forward to it.🙂 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I need 4 other guests to book this tour with me and my husband. It looks awesome! It is $700 for 6 people. You must have all 6 guests to book. It’s $233 per couple. Is anyone interested? Please click the link below to read all about it. There is walk involved. A bus takes you to all major sites! 

https://gofundytours.ca/about-your-tour

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - my sister and I might be interested, she will get back to me.

I did very similar tour last Oct - it was beautiful but had more walking than I could handle, so I sat out for some while my husband continued on. If the walking portion doesn't circle back to where it started, that's not feasible.

Have you taken the tour before to know?

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2023 at 12:23 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

We'll be going on this one too.  Originally booked on the Magic but when carnival swapped ships, we were so impressed with what we saw on this ship, we decided to do a B2B.  We added the15-day Southern Caribbean cruise from New York on September 29 making it a 21-day B2B.  The Venezia doesn't look like all the other typical Carnival ships, so we are looking forward to it.🙂 

We just booked this cruise so we'll also be doing the 21 day B2B. Can't wait!!! 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t taken it before, but I don’t think there’s a ton of walking. The part that draws me is not sitting on the bus the whole time! Plus, all the carnival excursions have awful reviews. I hope you decide to book with us!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

There were two Roll Call threads for this line, ship and sail date. The threads have been merged into this one Roll Call thread. Per the Cruise Critic software, all posts now appear in post date/time order on this newly merged thread. Please read back through this thread to make sure you have not missed any of the posts so far.

Anyone that used the Follow feature on the OTHER Roll Call thread for this sail date may need to do the same on THIS newly merged Roll Call thread. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts on this merged thread because they will all come looking for you as notifications! If you need info on how to do it, please see How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info).

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! Make YOUR voice heard. Your honest cruise review will influence next year's Cruisers' Choice award winners and help others choose the right sailing. See How To: Submit a Member Review.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have everyone aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 11:58 AM, geojarvis said:

Super excited for the new ship!!!  Does anyone know if the menus will be different in the Main Dining Rooms?  I feel like there hasn't been a change in a very long time.  

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be any menu changes. That's why we hardly eat in the MDR anymore. :classic_cool:

Hello, we just booked and will be joining you on this sailing. We are also booked on the Venezia in July to the Bahamas, so hoping this new ship is as impressive as it seems to be. 
As far as the menus, I think I read somewhere that there will be a few “Italian themed” choices that are new. 

I haven’t seen any specific ones for the MDR menus, but I did see a few special burgers will be offered at Guy Fieri’s. 

1 hour ago, geojarvis said:

Anyone booking Shore Excursions yet?  I just don't really see anything that stands out offered by Carnival.  🤔 

We have not and are thinking we may just see what's available once at port or start looking at Expedia. Curious what others say. 

Would definitely be open to participating in a group deal if somebody finds one (or more) for any of the ports.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 1:53 PM, BillNY said:

Hello, we just booked and will be joining you on this sailing. We are also booked on the Venezia in July to the Bahamas, so hoping this new ship is as impressive as it seems to be. 
As far as the menus, I think I read somewhere that there will be a few “Italian themed” choices that are new. 

I haven’t seen any specific ones for the MDR menus, but I did see a few special burgers will be offered at Guy Fieri’s. 

That is exciting!  I just feel like the MDR menu has been the same forever!  It will be nice to try new dishes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, new2cruise1981 said:

We booked this cruise. This will only be our second cruise. The first was to the Bahamas. Has anyone ever taken the New England cruise? 

Welcome! We've done Canada New England a couple times; once on Princess right before Covid shutdown and last year on HAL right after Hurricane Fiona. This will be our first one on Carnival; not first time on Carnival, just first Canada New England on Carnival.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response Halijo1935. I am looking forward to it. Do you think we will see any fall foliage at the end of September? I would love to see that. 

Our first cruise was December 2019 and we planned another cruise for June 2020. We all know that Covid put the brakes on that. My husband has been nervous about cruising since Covid, but he finally said he would go because we had such a great time on the first one. I am thinking of planning a family cruise for 2025. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, new2cruise1981 said:

Thanks for the response Halijo1935. I am looking forward to it. Do you think we will see any fall foliage at the end of September? I would love to see that. 

I hope so, but the calendars I found show Oct is best for seeing fall foliage colors. Both of our cruises were in Oct, both had magnificent colors, like postcard magnificent colors!!

We booked hoping we would be blessed with another color show, but thought the dates were just a bit early. We love the itinerary, so if we don't get to "leaf peep" we'll still enjoy the cruise, but will be a tad disappointed. Strange that Carnival chose to do this early in fall instead of a couple weeks later, especially at the prices they were charging when we booked. Maybe they couldn't get in, too many other ships?

• Like 1

Halijo, thank you so much for answering my questions. We are mature adults (62 and 64) but I feel like a kid when it comes to cruising. So much stuff to learn. I wish we would have done this sooner. I see that the folks on her are cruise experts. Hope to be one soon 😊

• Like 1

Hello fellow cruisers, my wife and I will also be sailing on this cruise. We moved to FL a little over three years ago so we booked a cruise out of New York just so we would have to fly 🤪. Like most we have lacked in the cruise department the last few years we took our 30th Carnival cruise Dec of 2022 and that was our first since Oct of 2019. We really missed it and now have three on the books including this one. It will feel good to get back at it. 

John

• Like 2

15 hours ago, beatleang said:

My husband and I will be on this cruise, can't wait! Accidentally booked it in 2021 thinking it was for that year but it was for 2023. Been waiting a while!

I think this cruise will be worth the wait!  We have been on many cruises (22 for me and 10 for my husband) and I am soooo excited for the new Carnival Italian theme.