Spa

Sibsie

Now that we’ve decided to switch allegiance to O can anyone tell me about the spa?  I do love a spa treatment and would love to know what they have. Just went in one on X today and the hard selling was awful.  I know what I like, I’m already a product junkie so don’t like being pushed. 

I use the spa frequently on O and typically treatments are usually excellent but extraordinarily expensive. On my sailing last week, I had the first mediocre massage I’ve ever had on O.  My husband, however, said his was the best he ever had.  His therapist was a woman from the Philippines and mine was from somewhere else.  Maybe a difference in training as the therapists from the Philippines are always far above average. My therapist complained about the rest of the crew throughout the entire massage.

I was surprised to find that pricing increased to ridiculous levels.  I knew prices were raised but this new pricing is over the top, an hour and a half massage with included gratuity was $418.00, $836.00 for the two of us.

Afterwards, I kind of felt like and idiot for spending that amount of money on a massage and didn’t have another one.  I could have had one on land in any port for a small fraction of the price.

The facilities are more than adequate, sauna, steam and nice workout facility.

• Like 2

Price increases for spa treatments were exorbitant.  No increase in spa loyalty credit. 75 minute massage was $300. Spa was quite empty during December cruise.  I saw a man using a $50 coupon and asked therapist where he received it. I was told that they were given to “some cabins”.  I didn’t receive one and spoke to manager about it. He agreed to reduce my next scheduled massage $50. Poor business practice.

My husband would kill me if I booked us spa treatments and they cost $836!! That's unfortunate! While I know spa treatments on cruises are overpriced, I do enjoy them. Given these prices I will not be partaking in them in the future. BOO! I will miss that part of my cruise rituals. 

• Like 2

Prices are high but the quality is good, IMO. I had a 1-hour pedicure for $93 including gratuity. 
The OP asked about product pushing and the short answer to that is they don’t. On my 2 cruises in 2022, I was never asked to purchase any products. The subject never came up. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sunlover12 said:

Prices are high but the quality is good, IMO. I had a 1-hour pedicure for $93 including gratuity. 
The OP asked about product pushing and the short answer to that is they don’t. On my 2 cruises in 2022, I was never asked to purchase any products. The subject never came up. 

The pedicure price is not far off the price I paid last year for a pedicure at the Away Spa in The W in Austin. I like to get a mani/pedi while on a cruise.

I get mani/pedi regularly at home spa. However big jump from $93 1 hour pedicure to $238 for 50 minute massage.  O does have good therapists and this company does not push products. The former one did. 

Edited by Jayne E
Grammar

4 hours ago, Acrusa said:

Boarding Riviera this week, anyone know the price of a regular manicure and pedicure?

Someone posted a list on one of the threads recently. I don't know how to attach it here, but I did save it. The Classic Pedicure & Manicure combo is $129, and the Fire & Ice Combo is $169, that's before gratuity. 

My therapist was excellent. She did say that bookings were way down and passengers cutting back due to increases. The $50 coupon was targeted to certain passengers.  Have never seen a spa coupon before….guess they’re trying to stimulate business. 

On 2/4/2023 at 7:03 PM, Sibsie said:

Now that we’ve decided to switch allegiance to O can anyone tell me about the spa?  I do love a spa treatment and would love to know what they have. Just went in one on X today and the hard selling was awful.  I know what I like, I’m already a product junkie so don’t like being pushed. 

We just got off the Edge on Friday.  We had planned on booking another Celebrity cruise.  However, the food selection and quality on Edge was so poor, we booked the Vista instead.  I totally agree, the product pushing in the Spa was outrageous.