How does two-suite upgrade work?

coljack

If I book under the advertised two-suite upgrade, can I reserve a particular cabin in the higher category?  I am afraid it will be termed "guaranteed" and I could get stuck with a cabin directly under the pool deck or Veranda outside dining area.  I've been there and was awakened every morning by chairs and tables scrapping directly above our heads.

I would not believe all this hype anyway, we are booked in a nice Superior room on Splendor in a forthcoming cruise and just out of curiosity I phoned Regent to see if we might be interested. I was informed that the free upgrade would cost us £2500 each! We would have to rebook at a now much higher cost.I declined the offer.

2 hours ago, ARDXXX said:

I would not believe all this hype anyway, we are booked in a nice Superior room on Splendor in a forthcoming cruise and just out of curiosity I phoned Regent to see if we might be interested. I was informed that the free upgrade would cost us £2500 each! We would have to rebook at a now much higher cost.I declined the offer.

How long ago did you book?  Also it's dependent on the category. The two category upgrade doesn't apply to any upgrade above Penthouse, also it's "new bookings only."  

We have an experience similar to what ARDXXX describes. We also had an experience last month where we saved $2,500 per person. It was a slightly different scenario as we had booked a Penthouse suite a few months ago and asked Regent to apply the promotion to that booking just before final payment. 

We just booked a cruise on the Splendor two weeks ago. The two-suite upgrade was as simple as you'd hope it would be: book the suite you want to be in, and you get charged the price for a suite two levels less. So you can book a Concierge E and pay for a Superior F2; book a Superior F2 and pay for a Deluxe Veranda G2.

The biggest "bargain" is paying for Concierge E and booking a Penthouse C, because the jump from Concierge to Penthouse is much more than Verandah to Deluxe Veranda, Deluxe Verandah to Superior, or Superior to Concierge.

• Like 4

It may state that it is only for new bookings but it isn't. They had this offer on previously and I asked them then as well - we have suite 600 on the Navigator and would have been charged a few hundred pounds for a two cat ( free) upgrade to a verandah but my Wife wants the extra space in our existing  suite booking so I declined that one as well. The Cruise on Splendour has been booked since day one when it first came out and obviously the price must have gone up big style since then.

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2023 at 8:36 AM, ARDXXX said:

It may state that it is only for new bookings but it isn't. They had this offer on previously and I asked them then as well - we have suite 600 on the Navigator and would have been charged a few hundred pounds for a two cat ( free) upgrade to a verandah but my Wife wants the extra space in our existing  suite booking so I declined that one as well. The Cruise on Splendour has been booked since day one when it first came out and obviously the price must have gone up big style since then.

I saw the 2 category upgrade after we had already booked and so I rang them. We were already booked in a PH suite so they gave it t us at the price of 2 categories below.

• Like 2

We are booked for a fall 2023 cruise.  I called about the $1000 shipboard credit being offered.  I would have to rebook at current prices.  It would have cost us $2000 to get the $1000 shipboard credit.  Obviously, stayed put.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rcandkc said:

We are booked for a fall 2023 cruise.  I called about the $1000 shipboard credit being offered.  I would have to rebook at current prices.  It would have cost us $2000 to get the $1000 shipboard credit.  Obviously, stayed put.  

In a classic case of YMMV, we are also booked on a fall 2023 cruise and last week asked our TA to check out the 2-cat upgrade, 20% discount and $1000 OBC. She got us a $2000 price drop plus the OBC. You might have received a better deal when you initially booked your cruise than we did. 

3 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

In a classic case of YMMV, we are also booked on a fall 2023 cruise and last week asked our TA to check out the 2-cat upgrade, 20% discount and $1000 OBC. She got us a $2000 price drop plus the OBC. You might have received a better deal when you initially booked your cruise than we did. 

I looked and our suite is now $2000 more than when we booked.  We booked a while back. Our suite does not qualify for the 2 cat upgrade. 

Sometimes its worth rebooking and sometimes not - depends on your original fare booked.  There is a caveat - if you booked on board through the "onboard savings program" they do not rebook - you TA calls and they add the new benefit or price reduction (if there is one) - without rebooking.  Five cruises, 2 were worth rebooking, two were not and one had the $1000 OBC and price reduction added without rebooking (it was booked onboard).  

From the Onboard Savings Fineprint:

"Guest will be able to take advantage of this new promotion plus the added benefit of the applicable Onboard Savings by having their travel agent call Regent Seven Seas Cruises to have the new promotion added to their reservation (subject to availability). Should there be a price reduction after final payment has been paid, the difference will be given to guest in the form of a Shipboard Credit, suite upgrade, or a Future Cruise Credit at Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ discretion."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We have 5 cruises booked and my TA was only able to apply the 2 category upgrade to the one that is in 2025 because it isn't fully booked. 

We kept our same PH suite but received the price of the suites 2 categories below us and are saving over $12,000!