Speciality Dining Package

Markj

CC is always great for info and advice so I thought I would see what views there are on this? We have sailed with NCL 6 times.

We are on a 10 night Prima Iceland/Norway/Lowlands cruise in September this year. Our booking includes the package of 2 Speciality Restaurants.Weve had this package on previous sailings. I've read the t's and c's and see that this includes an appetiser, soup or salad main and dessert. We rarely eat all of that and on most occasions only have an appetiser and Main. Maybe the occasional dessert but there is so much food onboard its not a regular thing. So looking at the online menus we would probably spend $120-$150 dollars on dinner.

We are planning to eat in 6 of the Speciality Restaurants on Prima and maybe a couple of them twice.

With this in mind I have the following questions:

As we only usually have appetiser and main is it worth buying additional Speciality Restaurant packages? Or is it better and more cost effective to just pay as we go from the a la carte menu?

Does anyone know if sides are included in the package? The t's and c's don't make it clear and at $9 each if you have 3 or 4 the price soon adds up?

Do others use their Speciality Restaurant package at the most expensive restaurants and then just pay as they go in the others?

Happy for any comments tips or info from the board.

2 hours ago, Markj said:

CC is always great for info and advice so I thought I would see what views there are on this? We have sailed with NCL 6 times.

We are on a 10 night Prima Iceland/Norway/Lowlands cruise in September this year. Our booking includes the package of 2 Specialty Restaurants. We've had this package on previous sailings. I've read the t's and c's and see that this includes an appetizer, soup or salad main and dessert. We rarely eat all of that and on most occasions only have an appetizer and Main. Maybe the occasional dessert but there is so much food onboard its not a regular thing. So looking at the online menus we would probably spend $120-$150 dollars on dinner.

We are planning to eat in 6 of the Specialty Restaurants on Prima and maybe a couple of them twice.

With this in mind I have the following questions:

As we only usually have appetizer and main is it worth buying additional Speciality Restaurant packages? Or is it better and more cost effective to just pay as we go from the a la carte menu?

Does anyone know if sides are included in the package? The t's and c's don't make it clear and at $9 each if you have 3 or 4 the price soon adds up?

Do others use their Specialty Restaurant package at the most expensive restaurants and then just pay as they go in the others?

Happy for any comments tips or info from the board.

So,,, assuming that you are not at a level to get free latitudes dinners, you want to dine 6 more times above your Free at Sea package. 

Buying a package is $229 per person plus a 20% gratuity. 

So,,, you can do the math... if you are going to spend more than $38 at each of the restaurants, then it is cheaper to buy the package. For example, if you are going to use it at Hasuki (Teppanyaki), that is $59 pp, so you save $20 pp. I think that other than, maybe Nama sushi, you will save [a lot] of money with the package... and not feel constrained to try and stay under $38 (otherwise feeling like you're losing money). Like the basic dining package, you'll pay 20% gratuity on anything charged to your room (so I have not included that in this discussion). 

Yes, the package will include side dishes at Palomar and Cagney's. 

We ate at all of the specialty restaurants (except sushi) on our last Prima cruise and enjoyed all. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

just got of the jewel (daylight transit thru panama canal)  in all the times we have cruised with any of the allotted dinner packages, we have never been denied anything ordered. side dishes, appetizers or main course. this has included cagney's, le bistro and la cucina.

it's also nice to get the latitude package that gives you a free bottle of wine at cagneys and le bistro

• Like 1