Cruise the Vineyards experience?

Indytraveler83

Looking at options for our upcoming Alaska trip to save money on alcohol. 

We won't want to drink enough to make Cheers worth it, and will likely lead toward wine rather than cocktails.  I can see each of us drinking 2-4 glasses per day, depending on how soon we get back onboard. I know bottles are the cheapest way to do this, and saw the "Cruise the Vineyards" option on Carnival's website, but I've never seen anything onboard about it (not that I was looking).

Couple of questions:

1) Is this a first/second day only program, or can you participate at any time?

2) If we start it, can we, for instance, get a bottle in the dining room, then later get a bottle from the atrium bar?  Or does it only work in one place?

Any experiences or recommendations on this are greatly appreciated!  

I believe you can buy it at any time. last time we bought at the atrium bar...they give you 5 vouchers to use. You can redeem at any bar ( they might not always have all the choices available) . So we would get a bottle, bring back to cabin, pour a couple of glasses and go to dinner or  just drink there. You can also redeem in the dining room and either take bottle with you or they will keep it for next evening.

• Thanks 1

Interesting, glad to know either person can buy anytime, anywhere.  

So are they still handing out physical vouchers, or is it on the hub app somehow?

And I see that there is a package of wines you can choose from.  Do they require you to get something different each time, or anything as long as it's part of the list?

And does anyone find the deluxe list to be worth the upcharge?  

1 hour ago, slavigne5577 said:

Each person 21 or older in stateroom can purchase the package. So 10 bottles for two adults. We try and go to steakhouse bar to get our bottles. They have the best selection other than MDR.

They give you the list of wines you may choose from when you buy the package.  You can get all of them in the main dining room.