Specialty Coffee on Vista

I've tried searching for this info but keep getting an error message. We just booked our first B2B on Vista for 2024 and our cabin is on Lido. I know specialty coffee is at Java Blue. Also at Ocean Plaza? Is there anywhere else on the ship to get good coffee, at another bar maybe? On Freedom there's a small coffee bar behind the Lido buffet and on Mardi Gras we go to Bar Della Rosa. 

Also, in Ocean Plaza is there still a small breakfast buffet or food there at other times?

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Also, in Ocean Plaza is there still a small breakfast buffet or food there at other times?

This seems to be in the history books now, It's just empty space now on most ships. They should really consider restarting this.

21 minutes ago, slavigne5577 said:

I noticed people getting coffee at the lobby bar on our last cruise. I never noticed this before. I think it is a limited menu.

This is true.  I didn't take a picture of the menu, but they had the basics from Java Blue.  They couldn't do the iced coffees, I think, because that's what my daughter wanted.

Edited by Cuckoo7

4 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

4 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

This seems to be in the history books now, It's just empty space now on most ships. They should really consider restarting this.

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

The Ocean Plaza is now just an open-air lounge, no more food etc. It's a shame.

Not sure about Vista, but on Magic this past December the "Coffee Bar" (why isn't it a Java Blue?) next to the Ocean Plaza offered up muffins and Danish pastries and the like - you just had to ask.  Later in the day there would be "gourmet" donuts (at added cost I believe) - I love donuts, but I was always (over) full from lunch when I went by when donuts were available.

Lots of breakfast sandwich options too on Mardi Gras in Dec 2021 at Java Blue, just had to ask (again, maybe not today). 

We're on Vista later his year - maybe there will be breakfast snacks at the Havana bar, if not at Ocean Plaza / Java Blue?

• Like 1

I too am very interested in getting anything above a mediocre cup of coffee on a cruise. It doesn’t even have to be great. Good would do, and in the grand scheme of things, I’m still on a cruise so whatever. What really irritated me on the Elation this past Jan, however, was when I ordered an Americano at Java Blue, they basically gave me a cup of the usual Carnival coffee with half and half in it. I asked for heavy cream and the barista proudly brandished the half and half. If I hadn’t had the Cheers package and had to pay $6 for what’s free in the dining room, I woulda been irked. My first time on the Magic I didn’t have the Cheers package, so I didn’t try Java Blue. This time,,watch out, baby!

• Like 1

The Atrium Bar has the exact same "fancy coffee" machine as Java Blue, they just open a bit later (I believe 9am?) 

The loss of breakfast in Ocean Plaza remains the biggest "hurt" of all the cutbacks for my husband and I, and the one that makes the least sense. It's not like they have to make extra food or anything, they're just splitting off some of it from the Marketplace buffet --  as well as some of the crowd. And it only requires a couple of people to keep it replenished. 

But definitely go get a Cortadito at the Havana Bar one morning... That teensy little cup of jet fuel will rocket you straight into your day onboard! 😁

• Like 2

We're early risers so we're usually heading for coffee around 7:00 ish - and my husband just gets Americano with cream and fake sugar, nothing fancy. LOL So our morning routine on Mardi Gras was always to head straight to Bar Della Rosa on deck 8 to get his coffee and my Pepsi Zero, then up to Lido on 16 to grab a table and then get food from Blue Iguana or Big Chicken. That table was always our morning spot to meet friends or family who were cruising with us. So I guess our routine on Vista won't be much different - we'll head down to Java Blue then back up to Lido - minus the Big Chicken part. 😭

most bars on the vista ships have espresso machines. DW and I would come out from the Havana area, and if the Havana bar was not opened (and JavaBlue was a madhouse), we would go to the Ocean Plaza bar.

Have they stopped doing this (Ocean Plaza bar being open in the A.M). It was a really easy place to grab a coffee (americano) or espresso.