Cold soups/MDR menus

gabbygal99

The last time I sailed on Carnival was in 2013. I absolutely *loved* their cold soups that were served in the MDR. I have sailed on multiple other cruise lines since then, and have never seen cold soup on the menus. We are finally returning to Carnival, sailing in July 2023 on Pride, 12-night Northern Europe.

I have seen sample menus posted in these forums, and know the soups are still being served.

Is it possible to know the menus for our specific sailing in advance (so that I do not make Steakhouse reservations on a night I could have the soup)? Thanks!

When you are actually onboard and connected to the ship's wifi, you should be able to see MDR menus for every night.

Menus for longer cruises like yours do not follow a pattern so even if you found menus for last year's Northern Europe cruises they wouldn't necessarily be the same this year.

• Like 1

Love the cold soups as well!  Mango and strawberry are tied for my favorite.  I did see cold soups on RCCL buffet probably 5 years ago.  I wish Carnival served on buffet as well.  Probably too many like me who would steal a water pitcher and fill it with the soup 😁

• Like 3

We told the kids that if they ordered the cold soups, that would be their desserts for the day. They ordered the soups anyway. 

* We weren't serious, just curious if they loved the soups that much.  Apparently, they do. I think they enjoyed the bitter and blanc afterwards that night, so they still had room left!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We told the kids that if they ordered the cold soups, that would be their desserts for the day. They ordered the soups anyway. 

* We weren't serious, just curious if they loved the soups that much.  Apparently, they do. I think they enjoyed the bitter and blanc afterwards that night, so they still had room left!

My kid loves it too....he doesn't eat soup on the regular but considers their cold soup "smoothies" lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mz-s said:

I wish they'd cut the crap and just pour the "soup" into the Swirls machines on Lido...we all know it's just soft serve mix.

I had the watermelon soup on my last cruise.  It was clear - I don't think there was any dairy in it at all.

Edited by staceyglow

On 2/7/2023 at 12:51 PM, keywest1 said:

Love the cold soups as well!  Mango and strawberry are tied for my favorite.  I did see cold soups on RCCL buffet probably 5 years ago.  I wish Carnival served on buffet as well.  Probably too many like me who would steal a water pitcher and fill it with the soup 😁

🤣 We have only been on one RCCL cruise and they didn’t have cold soup. But NCL, Costa, Albatross, and Princess don’t have it!

18 hours ago, mz-s said:

I wish they'd cut the crap and just pour the "soup" into the Swirls machines on Lido...we all know it's just soft serve mix.

I definitely say that it’s just melted ice cream/sorbet - I don’t know what’s it’s actually made of, I just know I love it! 🤣

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DPTexas said:

We love the cold soups in the MDR and depending on the flavor, sometimes we have it as an appetizer and then for dessert.  My favorite was the lychee cold soup but have only seen it once on the menu.  

What?! They have Lychee flavor too?! Now I’m even more excited! I’m such a dork - I’m more excited about the soup than any of the ports we are going to! Hahaha

My husband loves them. Strawberry is the first night. We usually see peach on the last night of a 7 day. Mango is somewhere in the middle. Bing cherry shows up on 8+ day cruises. Our last 8 day this year had it show up on the menu they stuck in the middle of the week that isnt on the usual 7 day menu schedule. 

• Thanks 1