Any advice for excursion at Royal Naval Dockyard

Deacon22

Heading to Bermuda next week and it looks like all excursions have been sold out for the NCL Getaway.  Any advice for what to do there with a 16 and 17 year old?  Would imagine the weather is going to be around 65-70.

4 hours ago, Deacon22 said:

Heading to Bermuda next week and it looks like all excursions have been sold out for the NCL Getaway.  Any advice for what to do there with a 16 and 17 year old?  Would imagine the weather is going to be around 65-70.

You can check the Island Tour Centre. Since it is the off season there may be limited availability. https://www.islandtourcentre.com At the Dockyard there is a maritime museum and Bermuda Fun Golf plus shops and restaurants

You can take a ferry to either Hamilton or the NCL ferry to St.George's. St. George's is a World Heritage Site. Hamilton has shops and restaurants. You could do a taxi tour of the island. It is pretty easy to get around. We never do cruise line excursions in Bermuda. Take a look at the tourism website https://www.gotobermuda.com for ideas. 

Edited by Charles4515

6 hours ago, Deacon22 said:

Advice, especially if you are there for an overnight, is to get out of the Dockyard and go see the island. Hamilton is an easy ferry ride as is St George and both have lots to do and lots of charm. Its not going to be beach weather but a nice walk along one of the beaches could bee nice. Lots to do beyond the tourist shopping mall they've made the Dockyard into. 

Definitely leave the Dockyard if you are there overnight. Except for a pub, an information booth, and the ferry dock there is very little to do here. There is a mall with tourist items but that can be done in very little time.

When we are there, we do book water excursions from The Island Tour Center, but we are there when it is warmer. Not sure if they have excursions this time of the year.

Why don’t you look on Trip Advisor for suggestions for tour activities? 

25 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

Definitely leave the Dockyard if you are there overnight.

They are not on an overnight. They arrive at 10:00 and leave at 3:30. I kid you not. Not any time to do much. They probably need to stick around the Dockyard. So Maritime Museum, Fun Golf is open off season on Fridays, shopping at Clocktower Mall  and perhaps lunch at Frog and Onion. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Oh dear that is terrible. Not even worth the port taxes, is it?

I definitely would stick around the dockyard or even stay on the ship for that length of time. Best bet would probably be the mini golf as mentioned and a walk on the Dockyard beach near it, and a trip to the mall to buy a tee shirt that says I was in Bermuda! Maybe go to the Frog and Onion for a swizzle! 

53 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

Oh dear that is terrible. Not even worth the port taxes, is it?

I definitely would stick around the dockyard or even stay on the ship for that length of time. Best bet would probably be the mini golf as mentioned and a walk on the Dockyard beach near it, and a trip to the mall to buy a tee shirt that says I was in Bermuda! Maybe go to the Frog and Onion for a swizzle! 

They might find something short at the Island Tour Centre. Jet Skis or Segways. At this time of year making Bermuda is iffy. Windy conditions sometimes make it impossible to dock. 

23 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

They are not on an overnight. They arrive at 10:00 and leave at 3:30. I kid you not. Not any time to do much. They probably need to stick around the Dockyard.

Wow-- that might be the shortest call I've ever heard there. 

If they do leave the Dockyard they should do it with a ships tour then to make sure getting back is not stressful.