Navigator of the Seas trip October 23, 2023-cancelled

dl6996

Just received an email that our 7 day cruise on Navigator for Oct 23, 2023 has been cancelled. It seems they decided to charter out the entire ship. Funny thing is they did the same thing last October! I wish they would plan these things a bit farther in advance. oh well.

Edited by dl6996
  • Like 1

Not again...sorry to hear this.

We (including the grandkids), were booked on that October 2022 cruise that got chartered.

It was difficult to move to a different sailing date because of the grandkids but ultimately we did. 

* Regrettably, a family member got a new job and had to cancel...bottom line: $1498 lost.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:03 AM, dl6996 said:

Just received an email that our 7 day cruise on Navigator for Oct 23, 2023 has been cancelled. It seems they decided to charter out the entire ship. Funny thing is they did the same thing last October! I wish they would plan these things a bit farther in advance. oh well.

Oh man that is terrible! Do they not understand that people have already planned time off from work. I would be super upset!!! 

On 2/9/2023 at 7:03 AM, dl6996 said:

I am sorry.  We also had this happen to us last year.

We were supposed to be on next months Navigator cruise. That cruise was chartered and we were price protected and so we sailed last month. No big deal to us as it's our home port but we were given notice of this in early May 2022. So sorry for those that have this happen and have to make alternate plans. 

They are offering price protection if you move to one of 3 other dates surrounding this one, and 100 dollars credit per stateroom. (if price is lower they refund difference--which is very unlikely as prices have gone up on most cruises since we booked, if price is higher they don't charge)

You can also apply whatever you paid towards any other cruise or just get a full refund.

They will also give up to $200 to help pay fees for ticket changes etc. if you provide proof.

Not terrible--but feel $100 credit is pretty cheap considering this is the second year in a row they have cancelled this cruise for a charter. They just need to plan farther in advance.