SILVERSEA: Pre_Cruise Service is Very Bad!

theotherKennyB

A good TA (I believe) is the best way to go.  That way you get what’s best for you, from start to finish. 

If the OBC is non-refundable it comes from Silversea promotion, refundable comes directly from your TA.  Once we got a e-mail amend text the morning of are cruise that the terminal was changed, it’s the little things that make a good TA.

On 2/10/2023 at 10:33 AM, saminina said:

We're booked on Explora during 4th quarter this year.   I have blind faith that this company will provide a superior product than what we have been having with SB and SS.

@saminina Just curious why you're assuming a brand new cruise line will be better than SB and SS? Is it because you haven't been satisfied with SB and SS on your recent cruises, and figure anyone could do better? Or because they're new and small, do you think they will be going the extra mile to deliver a superior experience? Or because you think MSC will do things better? I will be interested to see reports when they start coming in. 

I still haven't heard back form my consultant.  I am beyond frustrated with these people at SS.  This is like dealing with a third rate Carnival cruise, I imagine, as this SS cruise was to be our first ever cruise.  I am going to cancel it and go with Seabourn and Explora Journey.  Nobody, and by that I mean my "consultant" Jose, ever called me back or responded to my 3 emails over 3 week.  Is this really how they run their business.  I am frankly astounded.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, theotherKennyB said:

I still haven't heard back form my consultant.  I am beyond frustrated with these people at SS.  This is like dealing with a third rate Carnival cruise, I imagine, as this SS cruise was to be our first ever cruise.  I am going to cancel it and go with Seabourn and Explora Journey.  Nobody, and by that I mean my "consultant" Jose, ever called me back or responded to my 3 emails over 3 week.  Is this really how they run their business.  I am frankly astounded.  

In the future you might consider using an experienced travel agent and not SS consultant.

• Like 1

@theotherKennyB

I don't blame you for cancelling---SS's non-communication does not inspire confidence---but be sure you understand, and can live with, SS's refund policies. If you booked it as a "door-to-door," I believe a portion of the deposit ($500, I think) is retained by SS as an "administrative fee," although that could be applied to a new booking within two years.

In any event, the advice that many here have given you about finding a competent travel agent is good advice. And that goes for booking cruises with any cruise line, so don't rush out and book something with Seabourn or Explora without first getting a travel agent.

Good luck!

Jim

• Like 1

15 hours ago, theotherKennyB said:

You need a proper travel agent.

Never book directly with the company.

• Like 1