Konnichiwa Japan (is welcoming home the Diamond Princess)

cr8tiv1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Do you remember where the shuttle dropped you off?? My primary sites will be: Shiroyama Park,  Tenmonkan Square,  and Terukuni Shrine.  How did they identify you when you got back on?? $28 isn't that bad for a solo. Better than the taxi fares I saw online

Took too many shuttles to remember where I was dropped off.  Will have to do some research and get back to you.  

YES...in hind sight, I should have taken a taxi for 2 (cheaper).  I was with my sister and it was easier to have a designated pickup and return.  

• Thanks 1

@Ombud

Embark Yokohama

At Sea

Kagoshima - Shuttle to Parking Lot near (Sakurajima) Ferry Building.  Walked up the main street to Daiso (Japan's Dollar Store).  

Jeju - Immigration to disembark.  Shuttle dropped us off at Market Place.  I think we needed to also do immigration to get back on the ship...maybe at a different port?

Nagasaki - Immigration to get off:  first port after visiting Korea.  Purchased trolley ticket from visitor's center.  Walked a couple of blocks to pick up the trolley

Aburatsu (Miyazaki) - Shuttle to transportation center.  Taxis available if you wanted to do more.

Matsuyama - Shuttle to trolley.  Walked to Matsuyama Castle to take cable car ride up.  

Kochi - Took shuttle to transportation center.  Walked to Kochi Castle.  

At Sea

Going by memory and photos.  Hopes this helps.  

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for this thread, such great information. We are looking at Diamond Princess ex Sydney in Feb 2025 to Yokohama. It will be our first Princess cruise as we are Royal or Celebrity, but the itineraries ex Sydney are getting repetitious and Japan is high on our one-day list. Jumped on Cruise Critic and found your thread....excellent, will be making many notes. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

My upcoming Diamond Princess cruise will now be calling at Omaezaki, Japan. For those who have been there, is there anything worth seeing?  Are there tours available?  I cannot seem to find much of anything. 

38 minutes ago, dlw225 said:

My upcoming Diamond Princess cruise will now be calling at Omaezaki, Japan. For those who have been there, is there anything worth seeing?  Are there tours available?  I cannot seem to find much of anything. 

The best way to experience Japan is to do your homework.  Most ports that Princess docks are are far away from the main city/town.  Often, Princess will provide a shuttle for a fee or catch a taxi if you have a few people.  

Be sure to have a translator app.  Many taxi drivers do not speak English.  I generally have hard copies of where I want to be dropped off and a photo of the ship so that I can be returned.

https://www.mlit.go.jp/kankocho/cruise/detail/091/index.html