Sun, 24 hour dining and Starbucks

gravitar

I did search before posting and didn't find anything that specifically answers my questions.

My PCC advised me that the Great Outdoors acts as the 24 hour food outlet. I've not seen this on any other ship but then the others all have 24 hour restaurants. Can anyone comment?

Also said that Starbucks was served at the coffee outlets. Is this full Starbucks menu or just brewed coffee?

Thanks for the assistance.

2 hours ago, gravitar said:

I did search before posting and didn't find anything that specifically answers my questions.

My PCC advised me that the Great Outdoors acts as the 24 hour food outlet. I've not seen this on any other ship but then the others all have 24 hour restaurants. Can anyone comment?

Also said that Starbucks was served at the coffee outlets. Is this full Starbucks menu or just brewed coffee?

Thanks for the assistance.

Great Outdoors does not seem to be open 24 hours anymore.

It's more like 5:30/6:00am until 9:30pm (or so).  Starbucks stands offer most of the usual drinks, but not food items.

Starbuck brand coffee can be ordered at restaurants for a fee. (Unless you have purchased an upgrade drink package.)  Starbucks vending machine are NOT included in any drink package!

Just checking Norwegian's website, it says that there is a Sports Bar on Deck 11.  If I remember correctly it does not fully open until late afternoon and goes until about 1 A.M.

From the website, I did not see a Local (or Sheehan's) listed nor a Starbucks.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention that it is being reported that the buffets are closing throughout the system at about 9:30 P.M.  It is also being reported that you can no longer that "munchie" type items from the buffet back to your cabin to feed your late night munchie addiction.  There are "munchie" type items for sale in the Gift shops but they are expensive.  You might want to consider bringing your own pre-packaged snacks.

31 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Forgot to mention that it is being reported that the buffets are closing throughout the system at about 9:30 P.M.  It is also being reported that you can no longer that "munchie" type items from the buffet back to your cabin to feed your late night munchie addiction.  There are "munchie" type items for sale in the Gift shops but they are expensive.  You might want to consider bringing your own pre-packaged snacks.

They are *selling* "munchie" type snacks for in-room use?

Do they tackle you if you try to remove a plate of cookies or a piece of cake from the MDR?

My, how things are changing...

GC

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

They are *selling* "munchie" type snacks for in-room use?

Do they tackle you if you try to remove a plate of cookies or a piece of cake from the MDR?

My, how things are changing...

GC

From what I understand, you are not allowed to take desserts out of the dining rooms either.

3 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Just checking Norwegian's website, it says that there is a Sports Bar on Deck 11.  If I remember correctly it does not fully open until late afternoon and goes until about 1 A.M.

When were on the Sun for Seattle-Lisbon in November/December last year, the Sports Bar on 11 Aft was the late night spot, 5.30pm to 5.30am according to the Freestyle, with an Local style comfort food menu. 

On those cruises the Great Outdoors was open for late snacks from 9.30-11.30pm, but that seems to have been stopped on all ships from early December (our three cruises since, on the Star and Joy, have had no late night buffet snacks). 

There are no restrictions on taking food out of the buffet, you just have to get there earlier before they close! We found The Local in the Star was super busy and slow after the late show turned out, as the closed buffet meant there was nowhere else to eat.

The speciality restaurants will also still send the dessert to your room if you ask (or you can carry it home), I don't think there's any restriction in the MDR either. There are no more snacks in the gift shop than before, it's not a paid replacement for the late buffet.

7 hours ago, Rob_H said:

When were on the Sun for Seattle-Lisbon in November/December last year, the Sports Bar on 11 Aft was the late night spot, 5.30pm to 5.30am according to the Freestyle, with an Local style comfort food menu. 

On those cruises the Great Outdoors was open for late snacks from 9.30-11.30pm, but that seems to have been stopped on all ships from early December (our three cruises since, on the Star and Joy, have had no late night buffet snacks). 

There are no restrictions on taking food out of the buffet, you just have to get there earlier before they close! We found The Local in the Star was super busy and slow after the late show turned out, as the closed buffet meant there was nowhere else to eat.

The speciality restaurants will also still send the dessert to your room if you ask (or you can carry it home), I don't think there's any restriction in the MDR either. There are no more snacks in the gift shop than before, it's not a paid replacement for the late buffet.

Over the last two weeks, I have read "live" postings saying that you could not take snacks from the buffet or any of the restaurants back to your room.  Rules seem to be changing ship to ship and cruise to cruise.  I know pre-COVID, there was a effort to keep people from stacking dirty dishes in the  hallways and staircases.  Maybe they have had that issue come up again.

Looking at the Sun for a future cruise, just got off the Prima, Los Lobos packed up chips and salsa for us to take back to our room after a very good meal there, and we saw plenty of dishes taken from various eating establishments put outside cabin doors for clean up. It was difficult to get something to eat from 2-5 pm (the buffet was often slammed post-return from port and the Local usually had awful waits) or after 9:30 pm, and “snacky” type items seem to be scarce (hence us asking about taking chips and salsa for next day snack.)