Former Deck Plans

Keith1010

12 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

It's not that clear then and a bit confusing judging by the questions we see here.

You have quoted posts more than a month old. A lot has changed since then.

For each category they note if they are new only or if not when they were redesigned including the date.

It is not yet there but they plan to show on the deck plans specifics for each guest room/suite.

In the meantime, for each category they show when the room type was redesigned which was not originally available when it was rolled out.

The reservation agents can provide this information.  I know. I've asked.

Experienced TA's are very familiar with this as is mine. I know I've asked.

And even I now have answers to these questions as I have inquired with the people at Crystal who know definitively. I don't have to be on board to find out the information and the same is true for those who have questions.

Keith

1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

You have quoted posts more than a month old. A lot has changed since then.

For each category they note if they are new only or if not when they were redesigned including the date.

It is not yet there but they plan to show on the deck plans specifics for each guest room/suite.

In the meantime, for each category they show when the room type was redesigned which was not originally available when it was rolled out.

The reservation agents can provide this information.  I know. I've asked.

Experienced TA's are very familiar with this as is mine. I know I've asked.

And even I now have answers to these questions as I have inquired with the people at Crystal who know definitively. I don't have to be on board to find out the information and the same is true for those who have questions.

Keith

The information is a bit slow in coming to us in dribs and drabs.

Have a look at Explora Journeys information for how all of this should be done.

Very clear for all to see and a great website.

No smoke and mirrors.

Just now, Mr Luxury said:

No smoke and mirrors.

Actually I am very familiar with Explora Journey. I visited their site just as it rolled out and I can tell you it took close to a year to get where it is now. And even now it has things missing or not easy to read.  And three are still unknowns.

I don't criticize it because I understand it takes time to finalize plans, enhance websites, and rollout what they plan to share.

At the time I booked a cruise with them knowing far less than what is available now and far less than what is known about Crystal.

Thankfully new Crystal has not waited to have all of the I's dotted and all of the T's crossed because a lot of this does take time.  For example, why didn't they announce Umi Uma from the start?  Because they hadn't finalized the contract. Should they wait to start selling cruises on this or other related things IMHO no.  In time we will continue to see more details and of course when the ships are through dry dock and a professional photographer comes on board we will see the actual enhancements.

I am reminded about something that Captain Glenn said which applies here.  If you want to have a great time (cruising) you will. If you don't, you won't.  One can spend time looking for every mistake and pointing out what is wrong or they can appreciate the fact that we have a new Crystal rolling out, take in what is available on the website and knowing more is coming soon. I go with the latter

Keith

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 4/15/2023 at 5:19 AM, Mr Luxury said:

No smoke and mirrors.

Actually up until about 1 month ago, they had less info than Crystal has and they started almost 2 years ago. 

• Like 3

On 4/15/2023 at 2:35 AM, Keith1010 said:

I am reminded about something that Captain Glenn said which applies here.  If you want to have a great time (cruising) you will. If you don't, you won't.  One can spend time looking for every mistake and pointing out what is wrong or they can appreciate the fact that we have a new Crystal rolling out, take in what is available on the website and knowing more is coming soon.

I am firmly convinced that there are people in this world who have finding faults and being disappointed as their primary goals in life.  And I seem to run into them on just about every cruise I take.

Luckily, they are outnumbered by the folks who want to have a good time and keep a positive attitude.

Remember:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AtA said:

Actually up until about 1 month ago, they had less info than Crystal has and they started almost 2 years ago. 

I don’t know where you were looking for info but I don’t agree with your statement above - there was plenty of info available on their offerings and itineraries and they opened for bookings well before a month or so ago 

32 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I don’t know where you were looking for info but I don’t agree with your statement above - there was plenty of info available on their offerings and itineraries and they opened for bookings well before a month or so ago 

They opened for bookings but had no tours, no idea of activities onboard, etc.

• Thanks 1