Infinity's non-Revoltionized 2021 drydock seems to better than Summit's 2019 Revolutionized drydock

fstuff1

I'm currently on the infinity.

It's like like a new ship.

I was on the summit 2 months after her Revolution drydock in 2019.

There was rust everywhere. Apparently they just painted over the old rust instead of scrubbing it off with a wire brush then painting.

When you just paint over old rust, it'll show through.

Even though it's been 2yrs since infinity's last drydock, it looks better then summit 2 months after her 2019 drydock. :o

2021 drydock: https://crew-center.com/celebrity-infinity-arrives-cadiz-drydock

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

We must be on different ships at the same time. We are on Infinity also, and our room and balcony are totally dated and worn out. The couch is actually broken, rust everywhere on balcony and wood rails look like not varnished for several years. Tv stand is also broken.  

Very disappointing for a celebrity luxury cruise. 

6 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I'm currently on the infinity.

It's like like a new ship.

I was on the summit 2 months after her Revolution drydock in 2019.

There was rust everywhere. Apparently they just painted over the old rust instead of scrubbing it off with a wire brush then painting.

When you just paint over old rust, it'll show through.

Even though it's been 2yrs since infinity's last drydock, it looks better then summit 2 months after her 2019 drydock. 😮

2021 drydock: https://crew-center.com/celebrity-infinity-arrives-cadiz-drydock

Thanks for sharing.  I was on the Summit last year (and will be on her next in a couple of weeks) and on the Millie last November.  I thought both ships were in near perfect shape.  I guess it's true what those old car ads said - your mileage really does vary.

3 hours ago, Steveshulman said:

We must be on different ships at the same time. We are on Infinity also, and our room and balcony are totally dated and worn out. The couch is actually broken, rust everywhere on balcony and wood rails look like not varnished for several years. Tv stand is also broken.  

Very disappointing for a celebrity luxury cruise. 

im in a aft balcony.

looks great

Edited by fstuff1

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing.  I was on the Summit last year (and will be on her next in a couple of weeks) and on the Millie last November.  I thought both ships were in near perfect shape.  I guess it's true what those old car ads said - your mileage really does vary.

summit underwent a 2nd drydock in 2022.

dont know why.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2822045-celebrity-summit-goes-into-dry-dock-tomorrow/

my experience is with 2months after the 2019 drydock.

so i guess your experience is with the 2nd dry dock in 2022

Edited by fstuff1

6 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

summit underwent a 2nd drydock in 2022.

dont know why.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2822045-celebrity-summit-goes-into-dry-dock-tomorrow/

my experience is with 2months after the 2019 drydock.

so i guess your experience is with the 2nd dry dock in 2022

It was, but I had also been on the Summit in September '21 and would have said the same thing then - it was in great shape. Of course, that cruise came just after the restart.

• Haha 1

We just got off the Infinity and were very disappointed with certain parts of the ship, especially our cabin.  When we booked our cruise on the Infinity we were told that it would be refurbished prior to our cruise.  As we all know, this didn't happen and we all understand why.  I called X prior to the cruise to see if they would provide some sort of OBC or other perk to make up for the "less than expected" condition of the ship.  I was told that the cruise was sold out, so if we weren't happy with the condition of the ship that we should just cancel the cruise and allow someone else to sail who wouldn't be bothered by the current condition.  Because we had non-refundable airfare, we really didn't have a choice to cancel.

Our Celebrity Suite:

-- loose handle on the outside of the balcony door.  I was afraid to go out unless someone was inside the cabin in case I got stuck out there!

--several broken drawer faces which would fall off in your hands if you didn't open the drawer very very delicately

-- shower temperature knob fell off twice which meant a cold shower twice before maintenance could reattach it

-- several worn out power outlets that couldn't be used

-- corners of most furniture had chunks missing from years of use

--no way to turn off the heat in the bedroom so we baked all night, every night

--tv remote in the living room needed new batteries three times during our 14 day cruise

The good parts:

--carpet was new in our cabin

--all furniture was usable and structurally sound 

--although there was visible rust on our balcony, it was no worse than some other ships that we have sailed on

It got to be a standing joke in Luminaire where we all compared "what broke in your cabin today?"!  Believe me, some had some real stories to tell!  I think we lucked out compared to some, for sure