Meet & Greet on a Port Day?

MissRabbit

I am hosting a Meet & Greet on the Getaway. I’ve hosted several before and they’ve always been scheduled on the first sea day. I just got my meeting booking confirmation and it’s smack dab in the middle of our port day in GSC. 

is NCL now scheduling the M&Gs on port days or is this a mistake? I’ve replied very politely asking  if it can be moved to the next day which is a sea day. 

conspiracy theory: NCL already has GSC cancelled for our sailing but just hasn’t informed passengers yet. J/k 

• Haha 2

Perhaps ... NCL has "unforeseen" insight into long range maritime weather forecast at GSC for beginning of May ?   This has been confirmed by the GA's Group Events via Miami already.  Isn't this a jumping ahead to request and schedule an onboard Meet & Greet this "early" in advance - almost 3 months away ??   Maybe, wait until 2 to 4 weeks prior with a better headcount or write back now to propose moving it to a full sea day now and see what they say.

FWIW, NCL has scheduled VIP reception smack in the middle of dinner time in the Lounge and/or CruiseNext / Latitude welcome back sales presentation at lunch time, for our (in)convenience, of course ... and even the Dinner With Officers on a port day with all abroad time of 9 p.m. recently on the Getaway.  Subsequently, DWO was rescheduled to a different day and all abroad was 6:30 p.m. - that was better.  

36 minutes ago, MissRabbit said:

I am hosting a Meet & Greet on the Getaway. I’ve hosted several before and they’ve always been scheduled on the first sea day. I just got my meeting booking confirmation and it’s smack dab in the middle of our port day in GSC. 

is NCL now scheduling the M&Gs on port days or is this a mistake? I’ve replied very politely asking  if it can be moved to the next day which is a sea day. 

conspiracy theory: NCL already has GSC cancelled for our sailing but just hasn’t informed passengers yet. J/k 

Yes, it's possible to reschedule. It's been done on one cruise I was on and another that I was recently scheduled to be on.

• Like 1

Allthough it doesn't happen often, this is not really a "new thing". Back in 2019 I was supposed to host a M&G on a Mediterranean cruise, where our first seaday was day 3 of the cruise, which was confirmed by the regular e-mail a couple of months before the cruise started. Then on embarkation day evening (!), I was notified that they had changed the date to the first port day on our itinerary, which was the very next day/so day 2. And the time was one hour AFTER the pre-sceduled docking time. No need to say that no-one (myself included) could participate at that time, majority of us had shore excursions booked. Also difficult to reach everyone who had signed up for it with such short notice. In 2022 I had a similar experience TWICE (on two different cruises), where they (NCL) moved the meeting time one hour ahead than the pre-scheduled meeting time. I totally understand that the meeting times are not "set in stone" and that NCL may change date, time or location for various reasons. But it seems to be happening more often lately....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Isn't this a jumping ahead to request and schedule an onboard Meet & Greet this "early" in advance - almost 3 months away ??   Maybe, wait until 2 to 4 weeks prior with a better headcount or write back now to propose moving it to a full sea day now and see what they say.

I normally wait til about the 3 week mark before sailing to contact them but I’m in the process of moving 22 years of stuff to a new home and didn’t want this to slip through the cracks. I didn’t expect them to actually schedule it this far out.

Thanks for all your replies. I’ve contacted them already to kindly ask it be rescheduled to the 1st sea day.  

Edited by MissRabbit
  • Like 1