Princess Patters and Menus/Alaska

lisagro

Hello, all. I am a seasoned cruiser, but not too experienced with Princess. Is there anywhere to find or anyone who would share Princess Patters and menus with me? I am interested in Alaska; specifically, Inside Passage 11 day sailings from Vancouver. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Lisa

• Like 1

Probably varies a bit from year to year.  This season does not start until May so I doubt you will be able to get an accurate menu before then.

We are on a 10 day cruise in May.

We have been there many times Unfortunately, I think crab season is again cancelled this year in Alaska.

That was definitely one of my favorite.

You will get plenty of fresh salmon. Aside from the fresh fish, there will be lots of other choices. My husband does not eat seafood !

Halibut is probably the most likely fresh catch in May. King Salmon wouldn't start until mid May. I was on a land tour in June 2021 and even then there was not a lot of fresh catch salmon. I am booked for an early May cruise on Grand and will try to report when I can. 

Princess re-did their menus overall recently. I think if you find menus from last year, they will not be the same as this coming year.

The 10 and 11 night sailings are new out of Vancouver this year. Though they did have sailings out of SFO previously.

Just to set Alaskan cruisers expectations for the coming year. The Red King crab season was canceled last fall through this January because of a unprecedented drop in population of wild King crabs. Look on Amazon, for example. The going rate for Red King crab legs now is about $70 per pound. 

Even though I've never been to Alaska,  research indicates that food prices are typically higher there than in the lower 48. Add to that the post COVID recovery supply chain problems. So, I am expecting it to be more  challenging for Princess to offer fresh seafood in the main dining room this season compared to previous years. 

I am sure however they will do the most they can to provide us a memorable experience.  Also if you are planning on doing the land portion of their tour, I suggest really looking into their prepaid meals packages.

Edited by roadster08

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lisagro said:

So, if we signed up for an excursion that is supposed to include a king crab feast, that might not happen?

Although red king Crab and snow crab seasons were cancelled, golden king crab is still allowed.  So  not the highly prized crab, but lesser king crab still available.