Pre-cruise communications?

Jennwick

I’m 7 days out from my first cruise on Virgin. I don’t think I’ve gotten a single email communication from the company since I booked other than a pitch to upgrade (and daily sales emails). Do they send out anything before hand?  Info on wristband or embarkation or anything?  I’ve downloaded the app and have done all my pre-registration, but the lack of email communication is making me ancy. As a frequent princess cruiser I guess I’m just used to a little more info beforehand, or at least teasers to help you during the countdown!

28 minutes ago, Jennwick said:

As a frequent princess cruiser I guess I’m just used to a little more info beforehand,

We're both ex-Princess loyalists, you'll notice lots of differences.

My favorites are, no announcements to interrupt your day, no photographers slowing down embarkation and disembarkation, no MDR, no cruise director, no art auctions, no sales pitches for drink packages from every server you meet, and of course, no kids.

• Like 3

As long as you have your arrival time in the app your are good to go. They’ll tag your luggage at the port, I made some tags because I have trust issues. You will get your bands during check in after they scan your passport. It definitely feels like you’re missing/forgetting something. Only big difference is finding the Deep Blue Extras or Splash of Romance check in. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

As long as you have your arrival time in the app your are good to go. They’ll tag your luggage at the port, I made some tags because I have trust issues. You will get your bands during check in after they scan your passport. It definitely feels like you’re missing/forgetting something. Only big difference is finding the Deep Blue Extras or Splash of Romance check in. 

Thank you!  Very helpful!  In theory I should have the Deep Blue Extras check in because my Princess status was carried over. But hard to tell. It has my status in my online profile, but nothing that signifies my perks in the app. 

2 minutes ago, Jennwick said:

Thank you!  Very helpful!  In theory I should have the Deep Blue Extras check in because my Princess status was carried over. But hard to tell. It has my status in my online profile, but nothing that signifies my perks in the app. 

Sorry I can’t help with the Deep Blue extras questions. I think you might be able to check in the app: click me on the bottom of the app, then you should see a tab with My Agenda- Love Lost- Add Ons, tap Add Ons and the should show any packages you have. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jennwick said:

If you click on Me in the bottom right, then click add on, you should see it. As long as you cruise before the end of March. 

6F22652D-2708-4929-B6F4-809C3E470D7E.jpeg

ACEDA1C1-9ED7-4720-9CE2-D325F981BF4D.jpeg

90E9A0A2-8B41-40B4-972C-2A5B1543A5C7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

If you click on Me in the bottom right, then click add on, you should see it. As long as you cruise before the end of March. 

6F22652D-2708-4929-B6F4-809C3E470D7E.jpeg

ACEDA1C1-9ED7-4720-9CE2-D325F981BF4D.jpeg

90E9A0A2-8B41-40B4-972C-2A5B1543A5C7.jpeg

Thank you!!!  This was super helpful and my perks are in there. 

• Like 1

No emails prior to boarding.  Have all the arrival info filled in, including the health form, and you're good to go,   Just have your terminal arrival time on the app and follow the instructions to not show up more than30 minutes before that. In Barcelona, we got our Deep Blue ribbon bracelets at the same place we got our regular bracelets.  HINT--The deep blue ribbons are a pain...they drag into food, etc. If you tighten them, they do not loosen.  We cut them off and carried them to the cocktail party which was the only thing we needed then for.

The app magically improves when you click onto the ship's internet.  Everything that was a mess on the website is suddenly correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, AtSeaWithChris. I was approved for status match before I booked and didn't know if I needed to resubmit or contact VV. Your excellent info sent me right to "Deep Blue Extras" in the app. 

I'm pretty sure these perks are per cabin but wondered if DH (also matched with our MSC Diamond) should show anything. Maybe I'd have to create an account for him.

Edited by Rhea98

15 minutes ago, Rhea98 said:

Thanks, AtSeaWithChris. I was approved for status match before I booked and didn't know if I needed to resubmit or contact VV. Your excellent info sent me right to "Deep Blue Extras" in the app. 

I'm pretty sure these perks are per cabin but wondered if DH (also matched with our MSC Diamond) should show anything. Maybe I'd have to create an account for him.

You’re welcome! It will only show up for the primary person who booked it. But DH will need his own account to sign in to the app. 

• Like 1

Perks for Deep Blue are per cabin, even if both of you qualify.  DH would need to download the app and make an account, but it won't change the amount of Deep Blue.  You will link everyone in your cabin so you can make reservations for/with each other, etc.  In our experience, it didn't matter which bracelet was used to ring in bar tab, shopping, or Deep Blue perks--it was treated as a "cabin" account on each thing.

Edited by cantgetin