Considering a transpacific cruise from or to Sydney

I’m considering booking a cruise from Sydney to Honolulu In April 2024.  Stops in New Zealand and French Polynesia.  What is the typical weather and sea conditions? Or am I likely to have better weather doing the reverse itinerary in October ?

5 hours ago, yogini06 said:

I’m considering booking a cruise from Sydney to Honolulu In April 2024.  Stops in New Zealand and French Polynesia.  What is the typical weather and sea conditions? Or am I likely to have better weather doing the reverse itinerary in October ?

Sailed in these waters many times, during those months and have seen everything from flat calm to storm force winds/seas. Tropical Revolving Storm season, which are known as cyclones, is Nov to April.

What somebody experienced on a previous cruise has no guarantee what you will experience.

To put it in perspective, I completed an entire season out of Sydney and every 2-week cruise was different.

Just a heads up about Transpacific cruises (we love em).  Some islands (such as Bora Bora) have recently imposed restrictions that ban or limit visits by cruise ships (especially larger ships).  There has also been a tendency of some lines to not update their itineraries until the last minute leaving some cruisers wondering, "why didn't they tell us before we booked?"  So do some homework before you choose a cruise.

Hank

On 2/18/2023 at 9:08 AM, Hlitner said:

Just a heads up about Transpacific cruises (we love em).  Some islands (such as Bora Bora) have recently imposed restrictions that ban or limit visits by cruise ships (especially larger ships).  There has also been a tendency of some lines to not update their itineraries until the last minute leaving some cruisers wondering, "why didn't they tell us before we booked?"  So do some homework before you choose a cruise.

Hank

Is this what you are commenting on 

https://openjaw.com/newsroom/cruise/2021/09/24/tahiti-to-limit-cruise-ships-in-2022-to-prevent-overcrowding/