Regal Laundry Questions

Sunchaser46

Wondering if anyone has used laundry services on Regal lately? I have a balcony stateroom booked for this March:

- does anyone know where I can find the cost?

- is the turnaround fairly quick?

- is pressing/ironing included?

- can I use my OBC?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Have used the service many times on various ships.  It is pretty much the same cost on all ships.  Sorry, I don't have a picture of the item sheet available right now...others have posted it before.  It's not *cheap*...but it's not crazy expensive either.  I tend to plan on using it so that I can pack a bit less.

They usually quote a 2 day turnaround but very often you can get it back "next day" if you can get the bag handed over to your steward early in the day.

I have sent men's dress-style shirts several times...they always come back on hangars and ironed.

Any type of charge on the ship goes against your main shipboard account...if you have OBC then that is used up before they roll over to your credit card.

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Have used the service many times on various ships.  It is pretty much the same cost on all ships.  Sorry, I don't have a picture of the item sheet available right now...others have posted it before.  It's not *cheap*...but it's not crazy expensive either.  I tend to plan on using it so that I can pack a bit less.

They usually quote a 2 day turnaround but very often you can get it back "next day" if you can get the bag handed over to your steward early in the day.

I have sent men's dress-style shirts several times...they always come back on hangars and ironed.

Any type of charge on the ship goes against your main shipboard account...if you have OBC then that is used up before they roll over to your credit card.

Perfect! Thank you! I'm lazy and don't want to iron my dress shirts before our cruise!

7 minutes ago, Sunchaser46 said:

Perfect! Thank you! I'm lazy and don't want to iron my dress shirts before our cruise!

Iron and ironing board is 'free' on board in the laundromats ... but you actually have to go there and use them...😉

Here is a photo I took of our copy of the  laundry form we sent with our laundry during our January 2023 Sky Princess cruise - you can see the prices per item here (I always take a photo when sending out laundry as ALL copies of the form have to go with the laundry). 

EBD9491C-C7A7-472C-A92E-6705B4894229.jpeg

11 minutes ago, bagney said:

Here is a photo I took of our copy of the  laundry form we sent with our laundry during our January 2023 Sky Princess cruise - you can see the prices per item here (I always take a photo when sending out laundry as ALL copies of the form have to go with the laundry). 

Thank you!!

58 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Is there a laundry discount if you are staying in a suite? 

Yes - laundry is included as a full suite perk so no charge. As you see in my post above (#6), make sure you indicate on the form you are in a suite. There will be a charge on your onboard folio but it will be backed out/reversed. 

1 hour ago, bagney said:

Yes - laundry is included as a full suite perk so no charge. As you see in my post above (#6), make sure you indicate on the form you are in a suite. There will be a charge on your onboard folio but it will be backed out/reversed. 

Wow, that's terrific.  I was confused b/c you nonetheless did all the math for a cost total.

(As a NCL loyalist, I've never sailed on Princess before, so I'm full of questions and hope that the all of the answers are as pleasing to hear as yours).

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 2:26 PM, voljeep said:

Iron and ironing board is 'free' on board in the laundromats ... but you actually have to go there and use them...😉

And the turnaround time is better too.  I always do my own and the last time it took about an hour and a half for the wash and dry.  Take things right out of the drier and no ironing needed.

The only problem I've ever encountered in the self-serve was idiots who can't tell time and don't return to move their load from the washer or the drier.  I give them about 10 minutes and then I pile their stuff on the ironing board. Sometimes it'll still be there when I'm all done.

• 11 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, bagney said:

I am reading mixed things on how they wash things, Is everything washed in hot or can I request cold wash only and have it honored.  I don't really want my clothes shrunk anymore than they are going to be with all the yummy desserts. 🙂

Just now, spedteach said:

I am reading mixed things on how they wash things, Is everything washed in hot or can I request cold wash only and have it honored.  I don't really want my clothes shrunk anymore than they are going to be with all the yummy desserts. 🙂

I do not believe there is anyway to request to wash in cold water based on our previous cruises. We tend to not take any sensitive/expensive clothing on the cruises but I have not noticed any shrinkage/destruction of our T-shirts, underwear or dress shirts that we typically get laundered on our frequent laundry jobs. If you do take good clothing that you are concerned about, there is always the self-laundromats onboard.