temperature on board in restaurants and bars on ms Rotterdam

zula

We have not cruised on HAL for several years.  We are going on a  cruise in the  Caribbean on the Rotterdam end of february.  My question concerns the public spaces on the ship the restaurants, bars ... inside.  We are taking this cruise to enjoy some of the warm weather, but often the public spaces inside the ship are very cold because of the air conditioning.  Can anyone tell me if the public spaces on the Rotterdam are very cold?  So I know what to pack.

Thank you for any information.

Kind regards,

Sonja

What’s cool and warm is pretty subjective and so the best advice anyone can give is be prepared for anything but if you’ve been of the opinion that the public spaces have been cool in the past you’re probably going to feel the same way. There’s just no way for anyone to answer your question because one person’s (ie husband’s) “warm” is likely another’s (wife’s) cool. Plus you can’t control it so if you pack suitable clothing to keep warm you’ll probably be comfortable regardless of how the ship is. We’re onboard Rotterdam right now. I don’t think the public spaces are uncomfortably cool but that’s just one man’s opinion!  My wife would probably give you a different response. 

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was recently on my first Rotterdam cruise and loved the consistency of the public area temperatures.  Due to my medical problems, I often find ship indoor public areas too warm (especially dining rooms, with crowds of people eating proteins, and talking a lot, and/or heat leaking in from nearby kitchens).  On this ship, it was perfect for me.

I carry around a small portable temperature gauge to be able to judge if it is "just me" or the ship that is too warm.  The temperatures ranged from 70.5-72.0 Fahrenheit in various restaurants, lounges, and entertainment venues, i.e., what I expect a comfortable "room temperature" to be.

For me it was just perfect for sitting with a short-sleeved or 3/4 sleeved top, without a wrap.

Others may find it too cool, and may want to bring a light wrap.

Edited by Catlover54
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

We have been on the Rotterdam for 4+ weeks and my wife takes a light weight sweater to the MDR and World Stage and often uses it.

Yes, the World Stage can get chilly.  The forward part of the Lido Buffet and the Lido pool area can get quite stuffy at times though, especially if they close the Lido pool roof due to inclement weather.

3 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

Yes, the World Stage can get chilly.  The forward part of the Lido Buffet and the Lido pool area can get quite stuffy at times though, especially if they close the Lido pool roof due to inclement weather.

If they close the roof due to 5 minutes of rain (and then keep it closed for 2 hours even though the rain had stopped) unfortunately it felt very stuffy and my portable temperature gauge recorded 79-80 when they did this, of course no breeze.  It felt like a tomato in a hot house.

So we took our food to our room and knew better the next time around.  

But that was an outlier, and most of the ship was wonderful on temp control.

• Like 1