Kohunlich & Dzibanche Mayan Ruins

taylortime05

Native Choice does this tour.  7.5 hours long.  $100pp. boxed lunch.

If that time frame eats into most of your time in CM, then the ship excursion would be the way to go for assurances you won't miss the ship.   For us it's a very long day and the ruins are so similar that one would satisfy all but the most interested Maya culture. folks.

IMO, the better tour is Native Choice's Maya Experience tour which goes to Chacchoben and also a village where Maya descendants live and you get a more traditional Mayan meal.  Only 5-6 hours and $75pp.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 7:53 AM, crewsweeper said:

Native Choice does this tour.  7.5 hours long.  $100pp. boxed lunch.

If that time frame eats into most of your time in CM, then the ship excursion would be the way to go for assurances you won't miss the ship.   For us it's a very long day and the ruins are so similar that one would satisfy all but the most interested Maya culture. folks.

IMO, the better tour is Native Choice's Maya Experience tour which goes to Chacchoben and also a village where Maya descendants live and you get a more traditional Mayan meal.  Only 5-6 hours and $75pp.

When I asked native about this tour a few weeks ago, they told me they are only going to chacchoben right now - no tours to anything further.  Why I have no idea…I’ve been to chacchoben and hoped to go further, so I’m booked on my ship’s tour as of now (princess).  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 6:38 PM, VirginiaVacationer said:

When I asked native about this tour a few weeks ago, they told me they are only going to chacchoben right now - no tours to anything further.  Why I have no idea…I’ve been to chacchoben and hoped to go further, so I’m booked on my ship’s tour as of now (princess).  

If you do go, can you give a review?  I am debating this when in the area in July or December.  

• Like 1