Excursions

daleandrews

Explora posted information for offered excursions this morning (February 16) on their website.  As of now the information does not look complete -- it's only there for the first half of our Glasgow to NYC cruise -- and the presentation is a bit of a challenge (the tours only appear in a window at the bottom of the page on my laptop).  But, anyway, something new to explore!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. I'm able to sign in to my Explora account, but when I click "my bookings", I have been getting an error message for 2 days now (and it has come up in the past). So, I can't see if any excursions are available yet for my cruise. Anyone else with this problem? Thanks

A few months ago my sign-on stopped working.  I emailed Explora and they sent the issue over to their tech department.  I can now sign on BUT when I do so I get a "505 error". Below that message is a button that can be clicked to go back to the home page.  When I do this (despite the error message) I am signed in.  I can then access the "my bookings" on the drop down menu, upper right corner of the home page.  When I click this I first get a message of "no bookings" but then my reservation loads.  

We have never been able to get our Explora online account to properly function.  It throws out several different error codes and does not show our confirmed booking (done through a cruise agency).  My thinking is to give Explora a few more months to get their IT act together and than give them a call 🙂

I was able to see the excursions on my desktop; some decent info, no prices, and most of them appeared twice.  Bongomeme, I am interested in sharing private excursions, in fact, have contacted two tour providers out of Isafjordur.  No responses about Akureyri tours and virtually no tour providers found in Greenland (one hiking tour in Nuuk).  We are mostly interested in hiking and waterfall/nature type of tours.  Seems to be a LOT of helicopter tours..  

I emailed my ta and he worked with Explora to get my acct up and running. No prob since then.  ljsanantonio….I figured that tourist infrastructure in Greenland is not robust…im thinking most visitors show up on tours so I will likely bite the bullet and plan ship excursions there. Would be delighted to hear about anything you find for independent tours. I’m  with you on Iceland, Scotland  being best for active tours…walks, hikes etc.  I’m planning to look for transport to/from the ship and on your own walks…happy to share info and rides if you are interested. The $2000 per day car tours listed by Explora are out of my budget range!

FYI re accessing on line account--I called Explora directly when I had that problem a few weeks ago.  Turned out I had two accounts, probably one I set up and one created when my TA booked the cruise.  Explora IT combined the two accounts and I have not had any problems since (fingers crossed this does not jinx it)

Edited by ljsanantonio

1 hour ago, ljsanantonio said:

I was able to see the excursions on my desktop; some decent info, no prices, and most of them appeared twice.  Bongomeme, I am interested in sharing private excursions, in fact, have contacted two tour providers out of Isafjordur.  No responses about Akureyri tours and virtually no tour providers found in Greenland (one hiking tour in Nuuk).  We are mostly interested in hiking and waterfall/nature type of tours.  Seems to be a LOT of helicopter tours..  

Hi,
we are also on the cruise from iceland to new york. And also interested in active tours (hiking, cycling).
I'm already looking for similar shore excursions. Let me know if you find a tour we can join.

47 minutes ago, ljsanantonio said:

FYI re accessing on line account--I called Explora directly when I had that problem a few weeks ago.  Turned out I had two accounts, probably one I set up and one created when my TA booked the cruise.  Explora IT combined the two accounts and I have not had any problems since (fingers crossed this does not jinx it)

So you actually signed on today? Thanks

51 minutes ago, theotherKennyB said:

I just tried to sign on to my account and it didn't recognize either my password or my email.  They must be working on it...hopefully!

I have been an extremely vocal booster of Explora on these boards but ....

they really have to get serious about their website issues and fast.

• Like 3

Hmmm. I have had no trouble signing on since TA “fixed “ it for me about 2 weeks ago.  I can see excursions, with prices from Scotland to Iceland.  Some prices seem pretty reasonable, but private car trips quite costly. The site is actually really nice…good descriptions of the area and what there is to see there. Definitely feels exciting…hoping it will be a fantastic trip.

Sign on, click "my bookings" in the upper right hand corner of the page, when your booking comes up click on "details," go to the bottom of the page and in "experiences" click on the little pen on the right.  That SHOULD bring up a listing of available excursions with prices.  (The web page is NOT particularly intuitive!)

48 minutes ago, daleandrews said:

This happened to me.  I sent Explora an email explaining the problem and they fixed it (well, sort of fixed it) after a few days.

It's very apparent that many of us are having/had the same problems with a "sort-of" fix ...

They obviously have to know with the number of emails that they're getting that it's an issue!