Excursions

daleandrews

Although I am unable to log on to my account, I can go to the cruise we booked (Sept 9 Iceland to NY) and see the excursions.  Very limited information; certainly not enough to make a decision on which ones to do.  Are the descriptions more detailed when one actually logs on to their account?   I've tried multiple times using the email & PW that is saved on my computer, and I;ve tried many many PW's that I would normally use, but none work.   I've clicked on "forgot password" link on multiple occasions to get a link sent to me to reset PW, but no link has ever been sent. Yes, I looked in my spam folder as well.  I spoke with them back in January & they supposedly "fixed" whatever issue there was so I could sign on.  Nope. 

Very disheartened by this. Hope the onboard experience is significantly better than the online experience.  

• Like 2

I tried to book an excursion; it was successful until I logged out and back in, when I found no bookings.  I emailed Explora, they kindly reserved a spot for us, sent a new reservation document to my TA.  The charge for the excursion was added to the final payment due in June.  Not to wild about that idea. 

I also note the descriptions are lacking; I did find out in this process that when you see an excursion listed twice, that means there are two departure times, even though times are not listed on the website..  I inquired about minimum and maximum excursion size and distance of the hikes; response was they would get with the  tour providers and let me know.  

There is a consumer virtual event for Explora Journeys on March 23, Aimee Price, Head of Sales USA West and Canada.  I signed up, hoping to learn more. 

Will post more details of what I have found on the Roll Call page for Reykhavik to NYC.

13 hours ago, ljsanantonio said:

I tried to book an excursion; it was successful until I logged out and back in, when I found no bookings.  I emailed Explora, they kindly reserved a spot for us, sent a new reservation document to my TA.  The charge for the excursion was added to the final payment due in June.  Not to wild about that idea. 

I also note the descriptions are lacking; I did find out in this process that when you see an excursion listed twice, that means there are two departure times, even though times are not listed on the website..  I inquired about minimum and maximum excursion size and distance of the hikes; response was they would get with the  tour providers and let me know.  

There is a consumer virtual event for Explora Journeys on March 23, Aimee Price, Head of Sales USA West and Canada.  I signed up, hoping to learn more. 

Will post more details of what I have found on the Roll Call page for Reykhavik to NYC.

Hello ljsanantonio,

Where did you sign up for the consumer irtual event?  I checked their web-site and didn't see the link.

Thanks,

Mark

7 hours ago, dolphin1313 said:

Hello ljsanantonio,

Where did you sign up for the consumer irtual event?  I checked their web-site and didn't see the link.

Thanks,

Mark

My TA sent me an invitation; your TA should be able to secure an invite, or if you are booking directly through Explora, perhaps they will send you an invite.  It is a Zoom presentation, the link is not shareable.  I hope you are able to find one!

16 minutes ago, ljsanantonio said:

My TA sent me an invitation; your TA should be able to secure an invite, or if you are booking directly through Explora, perhaps they will send you an invite.  It is a Zoom presentation, the link is not shareable.  I hope you are able to find one!

Thanks for the information.  I'll email the ambassador that been in contact with.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ljsanantonio said:

I booked an excursion, had to contact Explora to do so because the online booking failed.  My OBC was not used AND it was added to the final balance.  Not impressed.

Neither are we. 
BTW: we also were on the Crystal 08/2015 cruise from Amsterdam to NY. What a fabulous cruise that was. 

16 hours ago, AtA said:

Neither are we. 
BTW: we also were on the Crystal 08/2015 cruise from Amsterdam to NY. What a fabulous cruise that was. 

It was indeed!  There was so inspiring and made us ultra proud to be an American as we sailed into the New York Harbor.  The commentary was also magnificent.  Looking forward to this one, and to meeting you guys.

On 3/10/2023 at 4:07 PM, ljsanantonio said:

I booked an excursion, had to contact Explora to do so because the online booking failed.  My OBC was not used AND it was added to the final balance.  Not impressed.

So if you booked an excursion during your cruise would your OBC get used? (I want to book ahead, but just wondering)

1 hour ago, frankhi said:

So if you booked an excursion during your cruise would your OBC get used? (I want to book ahead, but just wondering)

On all of the cruise lines that I've sailed (Carnival, NCL & MSC), the OBC can be used for booking an excursion when you're on the ship.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AtA said:

Where are the tours and pricing?

You have to sign in to your account, go to My Bookings and click on Details.  Scroll down and click on the paper and pencil to the right of "Experiences".  There are 2 tabs, "Booked" and "Available".  I have some excursions booked so I have to select "Available".  I can't recall if both tabs were there prior to booking excursions (Experiences).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the September Glasgow to NYC trip and I have been putting off scheduling excursions waiting to see if the Explora website might get updated to make the selection process a bit easier.  I'm about to give up and book on the present site but have a question -- Have any of you successfully booked excursions using on board credits?  We are traveling with a couple, one of whom is our TA, and he has called Explora several times on this issue and has basically been told that there is no firm decision on whether OBCs can be used for excursions but likely this will not be possible, at least for excursions booked prior to boarding.  It seems to me that I read somewhere in the Explora threads that someone HAD successfully used OBCs toward excursion expenses.  Any experience out there?

My usual ambassador in Miami informed me that our OBC cannot be used to pre-book excursions. She added that this may take some time due to the numerous procedures involved. She emailed me a PDF listing all the shore excursions along with their prices, and she told me that if I didn't want to call her, I could email her, and she would book the excursions for me. I have never had a business relationship with a single individual at a cruise line ever; this is incredible.

Also, that the team at the Explora call center in the Miami  office provides the best customer service I have ever received from any cruise line. I made a remark to my ambassador about the team, and she explained that it is because her boss takes the time to hire the proper individuals for their position. 

Edited by Ljames23

None of your “OBCs” are applicable to Journey ‘experiences’ prior to boarding your cruise … those credits can only be used upon/after embarkation. I have made several calls/email requests and the response has been the same each time. So, if you are willing to take a chance there will still be space on the “experience” you want, wait to book it on board. Otherwise pay for destination experiences in advance and plan to use your spending credits for other non-included charges on board.

44 minutes ago, Rusty3 said:

None of your “OBCs” are applicable to Journey ‘experiences’ prior to boarding your cruise … those credits can only be used upon/after embarkation. I have made several calls/email requests and the response has been the same each time. So, if you are willing to take a chance there will still be space on the “experience” you want, wait to book it on board. Otherwise pay for destination experiences in advance and plan to use your spending credits for other non-included charges on board.

Or maybe, like some other cruise lines, you would be able to cancel the paid experiences and rebook with OBC once onboard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2023 at 7:46 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Or maybe, like some other cruise lines, you would be able to cancel the paid experiences and rebook with OBC once onboard.

We are on seabourn now. Exactly what we did

13 hours ago, bitob said:

We are on seabourn now. Exactly what we did

Hoping to do this in late July on a different SB ship as we have a large shipboard credit.  I’ve already booked a couple of pricey/zodiac excursion as I expect them to be sold out prior to boarding.

thanks,

Nancy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Hoping to do this in late July on a different SB ship as we have a large shipboard credit.  I’ve already booked a couple of pricey/zodiac excursion as I expect them to be sold out prior to boarding.

thanks,

Nancy

Smart. No problem getting cost transferred. It becomes refundable obc 

• Thanks 1