My EWR return flight has been moved earlier. What do I do?

Maplemoose

Hi, my wife and I maybe on the same cruise and the same flight, will decide this weekend. We have done this itinerary before and have always been at the airport in plenty of time. We fly in the day before, catch the hotel shuttle, we use Embassy Suites, and at checkin we book the shuttle to the port and return shuttle to the airport, last time it cost 20.00 pp per ride, total 80.00 per couple, we walk off with luggage and the shuttle is waiting. No hassle 

No problem with a 12:30pm flight from EWR when debarking at Cape Liberty.  By the way, the last time I looked, EWR leads the USA in the percentage of late departures.  Good chance you will have plenty of time to cool your heels at Newark

Hank

On 2/16/2023 at 5:42 PM, Maplemoose said:

Returning to Cape Liberty May 25 8 a.m. My flight is now at 12:35. When can we debark, presuming Summit arrives on time? Is there a carry your luggage option? Is it easy to get an Uber from there? Does Celebrity have a shuttle bus to the airport? Anyone with experience at this cruiseport/airport?  A missed flight would cost us well over $1000. TIA. 

If you're leaving out of Newark, you shoud have no problems at all. Yes, there is a carry off option.

We got off Anthem in Cape Liberty 2 weeks ago, self assist departure. Were in the car driving out of the parking garage at 7:30. EWR not that far away, you should be fine. 

And the facial recognition has nothing to do with the ship, it's the port and Customs and Immigration, that's the government, not Celebrity. International may take a little longer, but if you get off that early, there usually isn't much of a line.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!