Meraviglia specialty restaurant & internet package questions

odobee

I’m booked on the April 9 transition to NYC. Spent 1/2 hour on the phone with MSC today and still don’t have reasonable answers to two questions:

Specialty restaurants: There are no specialty restaurant packages available to pre-purchase. In the “my cruise” area a click on the specialty restaurant tabs reveals the following: “No Item Found”. The MSC phone rep couldn’t pull up any offerings either. Their answer was there were no packages available…an answer I find difficult to believe or understand. Is it possible I can’t pre-purchase a 3 or 4 specialty restaurant package for this sailing?  Or any package at all?

Internet: My rate came with browse 2 device. My need on board is browse & stream 3 device. The only offering I can pre-purchase is browse & stream 3 device at full price (NOT an upgrade from what was included in my fare). Will I be able to upgrade on board while getting credit for what I’ve already paid for?

Thank you!

On 2/16/2023 at 11:02 PM, odobee said:

I’m booked on the April 9 transition to NYC. Spent 1/2 hour on the phone with MSC today and still don’t have reasonable answers to two questions:

Specialty restaurants: There are no specialty restaurant packages available to pre-purchase. In the “my cruise” area a click on the specialty restaurant tabs reveals the following: “No Item Found”. The MSC phone rep couldn’t pull up any offerings either. Their answer was there were no packages available…an answer I find difficult to believe or understand. Is it possible I can’t pre-purchase a 3 or 4 specialty restaurant package for this sailing?  Or any package at all?

Internet: My rate came with browse 2 device. My need on board is browse & stream 3 device. The only offering I can pre-purchase is browse & stream 3 device at full price (NOT an upgrade from what was included in my fare). Will I be able to upgrade on board while getting credit for what I’ve already paid for?

Thank you!

Do you by chance have any loyalty with any brand? Match your  status, and let MSC pay for your restaurant. I am a major Hilton traveler. I am a F/A, and I am obviously in rooms all the time, and them stays do add up. They gave me MSC Diamond status. 

8 hours ago, SpencerJ said:

Do you by chance have any loyalty with any brand? Match your  status, and let MSC pay for your restaurant. I am a major Hilton traveler. I am a F/A, and I am obviously in rooms all the time, and them stays do add up. They gave me MSC Diamond status. 

I don’t have loyalty with any other cruise brand. I am Hilton diamond, but not sure how this would tie in?

3 minutes ago, odobee said:

I don’t have loyalty with any other cruise brand. I am Hilton diamond, but not sure how this would tie in?

MSC status matches to Hilton.  Pretty sure Hilton Diamond will get you MSC Diamond Status. In the thread attached, go to post #478, that person just status matched to Hilton Diamond and received MSC Diamond status match.

17 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

MSC status matches to Hilton.  Pretty sure Hilton Diamond will get you MSC Diamond Status. In the thread attached, go to post #478, that person just status matched to Hilton Diamond and received MSC Diamond status match.

Wow, had no idea. Thank you for this. I’ll be trying it today!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 5:26 PM, ready2cruzagain said:

I filled out the online form over the weekend and received notification this afternoon. I’m now diamond. Thank you for your helpful advice!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, odobee said:

I filled out the online form over the weekend and received notification this afternoon. I’m now diamond. Thank you for your helpful advice!

You are welcome! Glad I was able to help.  So happy you received it so fast!  Just remember you might not get a notice on the Specialty Restaurant in your cabin (they use to leave a card with the information in the cabin but there was none on our last cruise on the Mera).  Just go and make your reservations when you get on the ship and inform them that it is your Diamond Specialty Restaurant benefit.  

13 hours ago, odobee said:

We are Diamond and currently on the Meraviglia. To make your dinner reservations they ask you to go to Ocean Cay restaurant on deck 6 between 9:30 a.m. and I think 5:00 p.m. and they make reservations there for any of the specialty restaurants. I made our diamond benefit reservation at 9:45 a.m. the day after we embarked and waited in line for 15 minutes to do so. Enjoy the Diamond benefits!!!

• Like 1