Cruising with Young Adults

wineoclock

We usually sail Celebrity but are looking to cruise with our now older dcs. They Will be celebrating 21st & 25th birthdays. A cruise has been suggested as one of the family celebration options. 

We like to sail in suites & they need their space & we want a line that will be fun for them & work for us:))

I’m looking at Celebrity Edge ships as I think that may suit them, but when on Apex in October I didn’t really see people their age. 

We will be sailing in September & in Europe. 

So asking the good people of CC for any advice they can give as to a line or ship that will work. 

TIA

If you sail Celebrity in a suite, and the kids are not in a suite, they will not be able to eat with you in Luminae unless you pay extra, on a space available basis.  Have they sailed Celebrity before?  
With the port intensive cruises in Europe, I think itinerary is more important than ship/line.  What do the kids think?

Thank you

They have sailed Celebrity with us twice before & were quite bored on the Connie but found Equinox ok. Luckily for them we were in the PS both times so had the jacuzzi & great service. They loved Disney but they were much younger & not suiting us now. 

If we go again with them we will probably have a sky suite each so we can eat together. Can no longer justify the upper suite fares on E class. We’ve also been to the European ports so the ship (shows, bars etc) for them is more important. 

We are also possibly looking at MSC yacht club but not sailed with them before. Sil didn’t like NCL Haven (they may be joining us) & preferred RCL in a suite but we haven’t been with them. 

TIA

MSC Yacht Club would be an interesting choice.  There would certainly be younger folks (generally outside the YC) and they would access to the entire ship.  Overall quality on MSC, outside the Yacht Club, is something less than they get on X.  But the wonderful part of being in the YC is that you can go back to that enclave at any time.    But you mention that your SIL did not like the Haven and that has me wondering why?  There are many similarities between the Haven and Yacht Club (I would give the edge to the Haven suites/cabins).

I cannot comment on RCI since we have not cruised that line in about 20 years.  

Hank

Thank you.

Sil loves Disney & the dedicated concierge areas & for her no other cruise line comes close. However she accepts that the rest of us have been & done Disney. I also don’t think she liked NCL as a whole but can’t remember which ship they were on. 

Lots of things to think about & as dh & I will have the yacht club to go back to that will have to do. 

Thank you both again. 

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, we have never had the opportunity to sail in Europe, so don't have personal opinion with that.  But, we do have three young twenty-somethings and I can 100% guarantee that the port destinations and the activities on the ship are going to be way more important to them than the cabin size or the restaurants.  

I would recommend that you NOT focus on the brand of ship just yet.  Focus on the dates of travel and preferred ports, first.  Then, figure out which ships will be there.  Then, let the birthday folks read about the options to help narrow down what sounds more enjoyable.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...