Free at Sea Upgrades

sjacobs11

We used to see "Free at Sea Upgrades" available to us in the app and online. It offered internet upgrades, 2-meal package upgrades, etc. This no longer appears for me on upcoming sailings. Did they do away with this option or is it some bug on my booking? TIA!

5 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

We used to see "Free at Sea Upgrades" available to us in the app and online. It offered internet upgrades, 2-meal package upgrades, etc. This no longer appears for me on upcoming sailings. Did they do away with this option or is it some bug on my booking? TIA!

They show up in mine.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

They show up in mine.

Your confirmation page at the very bottom shows your free at Sea offers accepted.  Maybe you chose the sail away with no offers?

The ncl.com application will show your available upgrades and the price.  I believe you can still upgrade to free at Sea before sailing.  Definitely not on ship! 

1 hour ago, sjacobs11 said:

I have them offered on both of our upcoming cruises. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jdc987 said:

Your confirmation page at the very bottom shows your free at Sea offers accepted.  Maybe you chose the sail away with no offers?

The ncl.com application will show your available upgrades and the price.  I believe you can still upgrade to free at Sea before sailing.  Definitely not on ship! 

Definitely have FAS as it's not a sail-away booking. So odd. On another recent cruise, we saw 1 shore excursion listed and the rest of the parties traveling with us saw dozens! I'll have to take it personally, then! LOL.

2 hours ago, sjacobs11 said:

Definitely have FAS as it's not a sail-away booking. So odd. On another recent cruise, we saw 1 shore excursion listed and the rest of the parties traveling with us saw dozens! I'll have to take it personally, then! LOL.

The option to upgrade to Free at Sea Plus went away for my March cruise for nearly three weeks, then it suddenly re-appeared. I have no idea why. I'm not interested in upgrading, just noticed that it seemed strange. I do know in the terms and conditions it mentions the upgrade is "capacity controlled," so perhaps once a certain number of people get it, the option goes away. Maybe some people on my cruise canceled their upgrade so it came back? I dunno!

What I do know!! Hit the chat at ncl.com or call NCL and ask. The sometimes incompetent agents may be able to get the upgrade for you! 

• Thanks 1

It seems to be a bug.  The “Offer Upgrades” of the Internet, Dining, and Drinks have been coming and going for three months on my app.  I put the dining in my cart one day when it came back and then the system would not allow me to remove it!  I coudn’t remove it, but the system still could see it was there, because I could not book any dining until I paid for the offer upgrade!  Now I need to decide to keep it as it is or call and pay for FAS+.  With the drink packages being cut, the Internet being spotty, and the excursions that we wanted being sold out already, maybe it’s not as helpful to have as I thought it would be.

• Like 1