Fan

MandyMooToo

Is it possible to bring a fan onboard?  An actual square, box fan?  We do this on our RCCL and Carnival cruises but I was not sure if MSC would allow it.  We have a fan we use only for travel so it stays in its original box and it is UL certified so Royal and Carnival have always allowed it...

I'm pretty sure the answer is no.  I wished I had a fan on Seashore because our room was so warm.  I requested one from the YC concierge and he laughed at me...well, not really but I definitely saw amusement in his eyes.  He explained that the fan would pose a trip hazard so none would be provided.  I, in turn explained that the temperature in my room was a heat stroke hazard...again, amusement in his eyes.  Based on my experience, and I think some fine print in the "Not Allowed" section of the cruise contract, a box fan is not allowed.  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

1 hour ago, gobama#1 said:

We have two small battery powered fans that we take with us. They sit on the bedside table and use a usb to charge. They work pretty well and last most of the night. 

EXACTLY! They can not challenge those because they are using a perfectly safe USB, lithium ion battery. 

13 hours ago, SpencerJ said:

I almost left my door open overnight because it was SOOOO HOT 

If it’s the balcony door your mean, let me just say that the reason our room was so warm is because our neighbor DID sleep with the door open. I guess they didn’t know that doing so deactivated the surrounding stateroom’s a/c. Maybe you had similar neighbors?