Hotel reservation number

snorkle lover

I have been in touch with our hotel in Barcelona regarding an early check for our one night stay prior to our cruise. They have very kindly responded requesting our hotel reservation number so this can be noted. Is there a hotel reservation number anywhere on our account, if so I wasn't able to find it. If we are not able to check in early then I was told our luggage can be left in the " Left luggage office". I am not sure how comfortable we are about that...thoughts?

I can't answer the question about the reservation number. I expect Regent has a block of rooms reserved and one is not yet in your name. We have often arrived early and left our luggage with the front desk of the hotel, they will give you a claim ticket for each one left. We have never had an issue, at home or in Europe. That said, we do keep our carry on with us.

• Like 1

Had the same question on another cruise line and was told they send a manifest to the hotel and that is about 3 or so months before the cruise.   Really doubt any hotel has a specific reservation for any on a block booking like this.

Normally if you ask for an early check in before arrival hotels will want you to book the night before or at least pay a partial nites charge.  My experience is that I don't ask before and upon arrival more times than not they have a room they will ltt me check into early.  YMMV

I agree generally with Rallydave and travlr21. I believe they send a final guarantee count but the actual manifest with the guest names is provided much closer to check-in than 3 months. The room coordinator in the hotel gets the group manifest and assigns the rooms, there are not "normal" reservation numbers. When we were on the Lisbon-Barcelona cruise in September our flight arrived at 6am and we didn't want to take a chance of waiting around until "normal" check-in time. We booked an additional night for the night before on our own and then sent a note to the hotel explaining that we would be checking in at 7am and to combine the reservation with our Regent reservation and please add our hotel loyalty number. When we arrived we checked in, we went down for the included breakfast freshened up and did a little sightseeing. Regarding luggage, most hotels that can handle that many guests should be able to handle keeping your luggage until check-in without a problem.

• 1 month later...

‘Left luggage’ is just a synonym for bell storage. We have placed luggage in bell storage many times in many places, sometimes for a few days.

In my experience, superior hotels like the ones Regent uses have secure storage areas for the purpose. I hope that gives a bit of peace of mind. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 10:12 AM, snorkle lover said:

I have been in touch with our hotel in Barcelona regarding an early check for our one night stay prior to our cruise. They have very kindly responded requesting our hotel reservation number so this can be noted. Is there a hotel reservation number anywhere on our account, if so I wasn't able to find it. If we are not able to check in early then I was told our luggage can be left in the " Left luggage office". I am not sure how comfortable we are about that...thoughts?

No, it’s nothing unusual to leave luggage with a hotel prior to check in if your room is not ready. Obviously don’t leave cash or valuables with it

• Like 1