Reykjavik Tour Advice

TaraON

Good Day,

We have a scheduled cruise in June 2023 and I have done some looking for a tour in during our two day stay in Reykjavik that meets what we are looking for.  We have found something close to what we are looking for with "Your Day Tours", but we had a question regarding meeting our ships arrival time and the departure time listed on their website.  So, I have emailed them twice in the last couple of days and also sent them a message via Facebook Messager and I haven't heard back from them.

Has anyone had any experience contacting them via email in the past and know what their normal response time is?

Thank you!!

We booked our tour in Reykjavík through Saga Travel. You can book right online without any delay or messaging people. And the tours are for cruisers with pickup and drop off at the cruise pier. Just pick your day and time then click enter then pay. They have great reviews on TripAdvisor and several good tours to choose from in both Reykjavík and Akureyri. We booked the Golden Circle tour In Reykjavik and the Mayvatn tour in Akureyri. Those two tours were the most recommended ones for those ports. 

• Like 1

I was very excited to see some of the tours offered by SAGA. They are perfect. It seems cancelation policies vary by tour company. I am hesitant to book with Saga because of their policy. It is great if ship does not make it to port. Not great if you personally do not make it to port. I am hesitant to book so far out as many things can change before then. Please let me know if I am not understanding their cancellation policy.

2 hours ago, psmom19 said:

I was very excited to see some of the tours offered by SAGA. They are perfect. It seems cancelation policies vary by tour company. I am hesitant to book with Saga because of their policy. It is great if ship does not make it to port. Not great if you personally do not make it to port. I am hesitant to book so far out as many things can change before then. Please let me know if I am not understanding their cancellation policy.

The cancellation policy states “The client is able to cancel the tour up until 24 hours prior to departure without a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee is 100% of the tour fee if cancelled within 24 hours from departure of the tour. For the cruise ships, the cancellation policy does not apply if the ship does not make it to the harbor. In case of the ship not reaching the pier, you’ll receive a full refund without cancellation fee.” I think that’s a pretty generous cancellation fee. That gives them only 24 hours to fill your spot in the tour if you cancel so they’re risking a good bit of income there. If they allowed free cancellation at any time they could lose a whole entire tour group at the last minute and be out all of that money without any way to recoup their losses. I’ve booked a lot of tours and the 24 hour cancellation clause is pretty much the standard with most local tour operators. But I can understand your dilemma if you’re not arriving via cruise ship. There’s always the risk of missing your flight or your flight getting cancelled or delayed. I hope things work out for you. 

2 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

I have had excellent communication with Nice tours. They have great reviews but I have not used them yet. Also contacted Saga who have some good cruise excursions. They got back to me in a day or two. 

https://nicetravel.is/

When you recommended Nice Tours I contacted them but they told me they were sold out of the Golden Circle tours for my cruise in August. But they were super nice and recommended Saga Travel. They said they’re very reliable and do great tours. I don’t think they’d recommend someone that wasn’t pretty good since it would reflect on them. So far Saga has been great. 

• Like 2

I am using Your Day Tours. Actually set up 2 groups from our roll call for the Golden Circle tour. Sometimes it takes a few days to get a reply, but they always get back to me and I’m super excited for our tour. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 10:10 AM, SandyR5 said:

I am using Your Day Tours. Actually set up 2 groups from our roll call for the Golden Circle tour. Sometimes it takes a few days to get a reply, but they always get back to me and I’m super excited for our tour. 

Thanks, I've now been in contact with them and we're book for the same tour (directly with them), unfortunately not with your group(s).