Pirate's LIVE Celebration Review...February 26-March 5, 2023

pirate4me2

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

So what the heck was the phone call about???

Unlike long ago and IMO, due to companies not retaining service staff long term, expecting accurate answers on the phone just doesn't happen anymore. Sad but true. You have to do your own research and always plan for the worst by having a back up plan.

So many times traveling I have had desk people, airport staff, airline staff and even Carnival staff on the phone gets things wrong.

You have to do your own due diligence, not saying you didn't, just speaking in general. Lot of web surfing

14 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Unlike long ago and IMO, due to companies not retaining service staff long term, expecting accurate answers on the phone just doesn't happen anymore. Sad but true. You have to do your own research and always plan for the worst by having a back up plan.

So many times traveling I have had desk people, airport staff, airline staff and even Carnival staff on the phone gets things wrong.

You have to do your own due diligence, not saying you didn't, just speaking in general. Lot of web surfing

Very true. It’s all good now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CeleBrat said:

So happy to see your review, as we are sailing the Celebration 5/7 with the same itinerary.  Do you know, or can you find out if ChiBang and the Italian restaurant are free with Anytime Dining?

Happy sailing!

They are! I’ll be visiting both, stay tuned! 

1 hour ago, pcvtmom said:

Glad you've made it onboard!  Your suite looks AMAZING!  I'm loving your review.  You just solidified my plan to stay in Ft. Lauderdale for cruises from Miami, btw!!

Yes, stay away from Miami. 

21 minutes ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

That suite kicks ass!!   How will you ever go back to a standard balcony cabin? 😀

Kim

I don’t know…actually…my next cruise is in a lowly interior! How will I survive???

• Like 2

Just a few shots from around the ship. We wandered back to the Watering Hole on deck 8 for a few drinks. The Funship was good as always, and the Sail Away cocktail was great! Had Pig & Anchor for lunch, the beef was nice and tender, pork flavorful, and Mac & Cheese perfect! For some reason I was infatuated with these giant flamingos 😂

1097FCD8-D0E4-4C45-9F6F-DDF6A6882FF4.jpeg

09C23DBB-08AB-4DA7-8751-0E93B11917F6.jpeg

D3B89042-55C1-4FBB-BE21-CC363CBD5EDC.jpeg

11D0E42B-5E9A-48D3-AD49-130A23495D0C.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, cruisin*tigger said:

Love Jason, when I cruised he was working Golden Jubilee.  Good drinks over there too - loved the drink menu - more old school. 

Looking forward to more!😊

I’ll make sure to go check that one out too!

1 hour ago, BettyCruiser said:

Watching you sail away now!

We were in the hot tub on deck 8 aft with Rick & Reba! 

So, after our sail away and hot tub time we went back to the room, freshened up, unpacked, then met our friends in Celebration Central at 6:30. The bar there makes a great pomegranate martini! At 6:45 we checked in for the MDR, and it said at 50-60 minute wait. They guesstimated perfectly…at 7:45 we were notified our table was ready! We were sat in Tanja’s section, and she’s a great server with personality! 
Here are tonight’s menus. What would you have? 

DBF48913-4A2E-4582-86EC-6A14F52B2C23.png

BCEE9D2C-DB24-43CF-8360-9D04DF0EDD48.png

32E42F83-682C-4811-9FB5-C5DDED984924.png

• Like 2

I got the smoked poblano soup and Caesar salad. The soup was awesome, the salad was ok. For my main I got the sweet and sour shrimp. That dish rocked! The shrimp were nice and tender, and the rice was awesome…it wasn’t bland, it had flavor! I did a cheese plate for dessert, I wasn’t tasting anything sweet. Perfect meal! 
We sat and talked with friends until 9:30, then headed back to the room so Chris could register for college classes. Day 1 has been a success! 

8974F4EF-A58F-4749-ADD4-0499DD1D28BF.jpeg

E4FEF4D4-9F76-4C8B-9D70-3FD0880C42E2.jpeg

A45B2DFC-697C-4302-9CFD-477768766A0F.jpeg

D8FEE46B-EDD7-4F4F-8A72-2BC131CCEEDF.jpeg

• Like 13