Rotterdam forward vista suites 6001 & 6002: what's between them?

Machta

Hello all!  My husband and I have booked Rotterdam vista suite 6001 for a cruise to Norway in August.  Some friends just booked 6002.  In looking at the images out there, it almost looks like it might be possible to open the partitions on each verandah that are towards the bow of the ship.  The deck plans don't show anything there, but there must be *something*.  We were thinking it would be really neat if we could open those two partitions and be able to walk all the way from one cabin to the other on the verandah, but I figure there's crew cabins or something in between.

Thoughts?

Edited:  Never mind.  I just looked more closely at the photos online.  There's a solid steel barrier towards the middle of the ship, and the partition is on the outside edge.  Oh well!

Edited by Machta

I was just coming to show a screen grab from a youtube video I found of 6002 when I read that you already knew the answer. It would have been super though, huh? 😉

image.png.8a97bdcd75437a43fa189e348f05915c.png

Here's the video of 6002 if you haven't already seen it (it's beautiful! Have a wonderful cruise!):

Edited by SeaHunt
clarity
  • Like 1

That brought up an old memory @SeaHunt!!  SeaHunt was my brother's nickname in high school!!  Thanks for the video.  I personally would have motion sickness issues with this forward cabin and the veranda will probably be cold and windy at sea but if that's not a problem for someone, it is a nice bright and spacious cabin!

~Nancy

• Like 1

I would think that these staterooms could possibly be great for the Norwegian Fjords viewing, even if you had to stand inside your room because of the cold.   However, I do not know how rough the seas would get up there on the bow.

On the deck plan, there is a grayed out area on Deck 7 Forward, directly above Vista Suites 6001 and 6002.  Anyone know what it is? 

Also wondering if there would be noise from the Crew Only area between these suites?  There is a door right next to 6002.  And what about the crew area, directly below on the bow, with the hot tub.  Could that be a problem with noise...partying?

• Like 1

I think that I may have ironically stumbled on the answer to my question.😀  Saw on MSN an article about someone that lives on a cruiseship half of the year with her husband.  He works on a HAL ship.  She is a former CD. I believe those may be higher rank crew cabins in those shaded areas.  Take a look at the verandah!

Very interesting article with a link to her Tik Tok videos featuring her life on the ship and other interesting tips.  I hope it is alright to post this HERE.   I will be busy tonight looking at all of her videos.  LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

I think that I may have ironically stumbled on the answer to my question.😀  Saw on MSN an article about someone that lives on a cruiseship half of the year with her husband.  He works on a HAL ship.  She is a former CD. I believe those may be higher rank crew cabins in those shaded areas.  Take a look at the verandah!

Very interesting article with a link to her Tik Tok videos featuring her life on the ship and other interesting tips.  I hope it is alright to post this HERE.   I will be busy tonight looking at all of her videos.  LOL

Oh wow, that's so interesting!  Thanks for sharing!