Iona - Solo travellers

ClaireSmith49

I’ve been reading through this forum for a while and I’ve finally booked my first ever cruise on Iona in April, as they had some again it deals on. I’m travelling on my own and wondered what activities are available on Iona to do solo and is there anything you would recommend to try? Do they have a solo traveller meet-up?

8 hours ago, ClaireSmith49 said:

I’ve been reading through this forum for a while and I’ve finally booked my first ever cruise on Iona in April, as they had some again it deals on. I’m travelling on my own and wondered what activities are available on Iona to do solo and is there anything you would recommend to try? Do they have a solo traveller meet-up?

Yes, they have an un-hosted meeting daily. They used to be hosted with tea/coffee but not now. A lot of people could turn turn up especially on Iona/Arvia. 

9 hours ago, ClaireSmith49 said:

Looking at the current Arvia Blog thread, they are having the solo meet-up at 9am every morning 😱

Claire, is there a roll call for your cruise? It's great to 'know' a few people before the cruise. On Azura there were loads of solos, with daily solo meet ups with tea and coffee every morning, though I didn't go on shore days. I teamed up with two ladies to share a taxi round La Palma. Am I allowed to mention groups on other platforms?

Sarah, there are great solo offers at the moment with lots of first timers having a great time - go for it! 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sarah1974 said:

I'm toying with the idea of a solo cruise, not sure what's holding me back but think I'll go for it soon!

I have now done two solo cruises and many solo land holidays.  I have another three cruises booked as a solo! I find travelling solo quite liberating as you have the freedom to do what you want when you want. Having said that though it's always nice,  especially in the evening, to have a chat and drink with company. I think once you have done one solo cruise there will be no stopping you. Go for it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1