Brilliance to AK - Sep 3, 2023: Newbie confused about dining and room

I've tried to search the forums and I haven't had luck finding an answer. We're newbies and just booked the Brilliance to Alaska on September 3, 2023 for seven days. Like the village idiot, I'm probably overanalyzing the dining situation, but I feel like this is a trip to Disney, you better have a game plan. I'm going to get the 3 night dining package for $95 each (two of us). I thought it would probably be better to have the first reservation on the second evening (would you agree?) with my preferred time at the venue's opening, 5:30 p.m., but I don't understand which restaurant I'll get. I know I need to get on board to get my other subsequent specialty reservations, so I'll beeline it to Izumi Sushi & Hot Rocks and book the rest. I have no qualms with eating in the MDR, but how do you know the theme nights ahead of your cruise? If it's say Mexican (which I love) or formal in the MDR, I'd like to book a specialty place instead. My reservation states Dining (Waitlist): 5:30 PM(). I also requested a MDR table for two, but I don't see it reflected anywhere on what I was emailed. From reading other posts here, it looks like prior to the cruise I should email rcldining@rccl.com . Not super important, but does anyone know if this smaller Quantum-class vessel serves Impossible burgers?

We are booked into an interior accessible room, 2023, and had the option of another one on deck three. I was told we are closer to the center and that elevators are easier to get being at the bottom. My only concern is what is on the other side of us that potentially could be noisy since I'm a light sleeper. Any opinions on this please?

Edited by Bateau_de_croisiere

• Bateau_de_croisiere changed the title to Brilliance to AK - Sep 3, 2023: Newbie confused about dining and room
21 minutes ago, Bateau_de_croisiere said:

I've tried to search the forums and I haven't had luck finding an answer. We're newbies and just booked the Brilliance to Alaska on September 3, 2023 for seven days. Like the village idiot, I'm probably overanalyzing the dining situation, but I feel like this is a trip to Disney, you better have a game plan. I'm going to get the 3 night dining package for $95 each (two of us). I thought it would probably be better to have the first reservation on the second evening (would you agree?) with my preferred time at the venue's opening, 5:30 p.m., but I don't understand which restaurant I'll get. I know I need to get on board to get my other subsequent specialty reservations, so I'll beeline it to Izumi Sushi & Hot Rocks and book the rest. I have no qualms with eating in the MDR, but how do you know the theme nights ahead of your cruise? If it's say Mexican (which I love) or formal in the MDR, I'd like to book a specialty place instead. My reservation states Dining (Waitlist): 5:30 PM(). I also requested a MDR table for two, but I don't see it reflected anywhere on what I was emailed. From reading other posts here, it looks like prior to the cruise I should email rcldining@rccl.com . Not super important, but does anyone know if this smaller Quantum-class vessel serves Impossible burgers?

We are booked into an interior accessible room, 2023, and had the option of another one on deck three. I was told we are closer to the center and that elevators are easier to get being at the bottom. My only concern is what is on the other side of us that potentially could be noisy since I'm a light sleeper. Any opinions on this please?

When you book the 3 night package you are booking a place holder, 99% of the time no reservation will be pre booked. Once on board you can book any night that is available. Looks like you are on the waitlist for early dining, MTD usually now starts at 6:45.  Brilliance is not Quantum Class, it is Radiance Class and about half the size of Quantum Class.  As to your cabin pick, deck 2 is medical, I would go up a few decks if possible but that is just me.  

1 hour ago, Bateau_de_croisiere said:

My only concern is what is on the other side of us that potentially could be noisy since I'm a light sleeper. Any opinions on this please?

You could have more noise from the hallway than your neighbor. For least amount of noise, stay where you are.